The door

Sans POV

I sighed as I sat at my station waiting for the boss (papyrus) to come tell me my shift was over. I was supposed to be watching for humans but to be frank nothing ever happened. The only reason I stay here is because boss would dust me for coming home early. 

(Sans): Man this job is so boring. 

I reached under the counter of my station and pulled out a bottle of mustard. 

(Sans): At least I mustard up the courage to steal this from Grillby while he wasn't looking. 

I smirked at my terrible joke and started to drink the mustard. I was just finishing the bottle when someone stomped up to my station. 

(Papyrus): Slacking again Sans? 

I quickly put the mustard away. 

(Sans): No boss of course not!

Papyrus slammed his hand on the counter. 

(Papyrus): Don't lie to me you useless pile of bones!

Papyrus turned with a growl.

(Papyrus): For slacking you can stay out here for the rest of the night.

I tried to talk but was just greeted by a bone attack.

(Papyrus): Not another word.

With that he marched off. I sat there fuming. 

He couldn't do that! I'd get dusted by another monster if I stayed out all night. I stomped away from my station. I'll show him, I won't stay at my station another minute. 

I had been walking for a while long past the area my patrols took me past when the reality of what I had just done sunk in. 

(Sans): Oh god what have I done? If the boss gets back to the station and I'm not there he's going to dust me for sure!

I turned to go back then stopped. What if he was already back? What if he came to check if I left? I stood there and cursed my own stupidity. With no where to go I decided to keep walking into the unknown. 

As I was walking I thought I heard something slam in the distance I turned and walked towards the sound. Soon I came up on a large door. The wind kept blowing it open a little ways then slamming it shut again. I smirked. I had no where to go and no one to go to for help so why not practice my jokes?

I walked up and sat against the door. I reached up and knocked on the door.

(Sans): Knock knock...

Of course their was no reply so I made my own.

(Sans): Who's there? None ya. Nona ya who? Nona ya business that's who.

I chuckled at my own joke and got ready to tell another.

Toriel POV and time skip.

I was doing my rounds of the ruins when I heard the ruin door slam shut. 

(Toriel): *sigh* The wind is blowing the door again. 

I made my way back to my house and walked downstairs. 

(Toriel): Good thing the ruins are so quite or I might not have heard the door and who knows who could just waltz in with the door swinging like that. 

I walked up to close the door when something from outside the door closed it first. I froze expecting someone to burst in. Was it Asgore back to take me to the castle again? I made a fireball appear in my hand but instead of an attack I heard someone knock on the other side of the door. I let the fireball go out. Maybe I was wrong?

Then a male voice rang out and started a knock knock joke. I sat there furious. Some no one is using my door for knock knock jokes? I was about to stomp up to the door when the man finished his joke and before I realized it I was giggling. I stopped as he started another. His jokes where so bad they were good. Perhaps I could listen just for a little while. I sat on the other side of the door and listened to the man tell jokes quietly laughing at a few. Soon I felt myself doze off but was soon awakened by yelling from outside the door. I turned and listened closer. It sounded like a group of monsters had walked up on the man outside the door. I listened as they made threats at him then the sounds of a fight could be heard. I debated helping the man and almost made myself walk away when I heard the man yelp in pain.

Sans POV

I had been telling bonetastic jokes to the door for awhile when I heard footsteps. I looked up and saw a bunch of monsters walking towards me.

(Monster 1): Hey look boys it's Sans.

(Monster 2): Isn't he Papyrus's brother?

(Monster 3): I hate that guy, hey why don't we dust his bro since we can't dust him?

(Monster 1): I like that idea.

(Sans): Stay back unless you want to have a bad time.

I summoned a bone attack but the monsters dodged it.

They attacked and I ducked under their attack. Soon though I could feel myself grow tired and before I could react an attack nicked me. It had barely glanced me not even enough to do in my 1 hp but it lowered me to .01 so it may as well have. I fell and backed up as they advanced. If I wasn't so tired I could have fought at my best then I would have won without trying. 

I looked away as the monsters went for the kill but instead of pain all I felt was something warm go by me. I looked back and saw a fireball come out of the now open door followed by the most beautiful monster I had ever seen. The woman threw fire at the monsters easily hitting them all. They didn't have any choice but to flee as their health fell. Once they were gone the lady turned to me. I didn't have the strength to run and as she walked towards me I felt my head go limp then everything went black.

End part 1

Author's note

Hey guys thanks for reading. This kind of story is out of my comfort zone so sorry if it's bad but my friend asked me like seven million times so I decided to at least try any way thanks for reading and see you later!