Prologue

"Yes, we will settle down in Cairo," Del Tianco declared firmly, his eyes ablaze with determination. "Everything we need, we'll find here. And don't even try to fool yourself; we have a unique and profound connection to this place, and you know there's a significant reason for that."

Mando, though hesitant, couldn't deny the strange allure of Cairo to him. "But we're still not completely sure about everything that could happen. What if the Nerolians track us down? Yes, this place has a peculiar power, but our safety here isn't guaranteed, especially since it's so far from our previous home."

Del Tianco shook his head, his hand tightly clutching a glass of whiskey, the liquid slowly swirling inside. "We'll do everything to secure this place and negotiate with the General. While our allies strengthen in Margolvan, I'll find a way to make arrangements with the other beings of Marsiv." He suddenly stopped, grabbed a knife, and without hesitation, plunged it into his palm. Mando followed suit in the ritual. As their blood flowed, they pressed their palms together as a sign of their agreement.

"Mando, take care of our allies for now. Once they're ready, let me know immediately so I can arrange the necessary documents," Del Tianco ordered.

"What does this agreement truly mean, Del Tianco?"

"This, the Blood Pact, is the highest form of promise in our race. Through it, we vow to each other to maintain the balance in the relationship between humans and our kind, without any wars occurring," Del Tianco explained.

"But you know we're the ones who end up getting hurt by humans, not the other way around," Mando replied, anger evident in his voice.

"Balance is what keeps our peace," Del Tianco calmly replied. Finally, they separated their hands, and a symbol was engraved on their skin as a sign of their agreement.

"You have a long journey ahead, Mando, and it's getting late. You should leave now," Del Tianco reminded. Mando nodded, gathering his belongings for the journey.

"I'll go ahead. Let me know the General's decision. I'm sure we can secure this place; after all, money is what matters in this world," said Mando, followed by a soft chuckle from both before he finally left.

After Mando's departure, the General arrived. This agreement was crucial—Cairo was the key to the energy their kind needed to gain enough strength.

"And what do we discuss, young man? You look like you're about to start college. Do you need funds to travel to Europe?" the General said, showing surprise while scrutinizing the young man in front of him.

"How much will it take to buy this place?" asked Del Tianco, unhesitatingly. The General's face showed shock.

"More than this country can afford, young man. What kind of question is that?" the General laughed. But Del Tianco's gaze remained serious as he held his collar.

He gripped the General's side and whispered something, but the General shook his head.

"I'm sorry, young man. I don't know where you think I could get such an amount, but Cairo isn't just something anyone can buy—"

"Then, I apologize for what I'm about to do," and Del Tianco opened his hand, revealing a red diamond that illuminated the entire room.

The display of the red diamond by Del Tianco caused a deep unease. The General had no idea where such wealth came from, but it couldn't be ignored because it seemed to radiate a peculiar energy. Del Tianco handed the diamond to the General.

"A gift from us, General, as a symbol of our trust in joining forces," said Del Tianco, with a knowing smile on his lips.

The General examined the red diamond, bringing a glimmer of hope to all of them. He looked at Del Tianco and finally agreed. "You show concern for our kind and for Cairo. We'll accept this, and we'll have a thorough meeting about the steps we need to take for our contribution."

This was the beginning of a meaningful alliance between the vampires and the General. In the months that followed, the ownership of Cairo was peaceful. Regulations and agreements were established to maintain the balance between the species, and finally, a solution to the conflicts was found.

And as centuries passed, life in Cairo continued to evolve. The name of the place was changed, and from then on, it was called Crimson Valley.