Chapter 13

Natsu's P.O.V

I ruffled my hair as I entered my room. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lucy's bedroom lights were still on.

I saw her stretch her arms as she yawned, her face forming a smile after. I walked to the talkie and turned it on.

"What's up with you at lunch today?" I asked her.

She jump, startled. She rolled her eyes when she saw me. She turned on her talkie.

"What do you mean, N?" she asked ib confusion.

"Well, you weren't your usual self," I said. That was definitely an understatement.

"Oh," she said in understanding. "You mean, why wasn't I sulking, like usual?" she said those words so casually.

Seriously, what has become of Lucy?

"Yeah." I replied.

She shrugged and said cheerfully, "I made a friend, who joined our club, by the way." She was grinning like a cheerleader. She was acting totally bizarre.

"I know." I said, trying to act indifferently.

"Levy told me about Lion."

"Cool, huh?" she beamed.

"I didn't expect someone like him would join the club. He's so nice." she added.

I froze. I haven't seen her smile like that since junior high. I missed that carefree smile so much, without the sarcasm and edge.

She was smiling about that Lion. I felt the sudden urge to hunt Lion down and beat him up.

I shook my head in hopes in washing the violent feeling away. Whoa. This protective feeling of mine was getting way out of hand.

"I've never heard you talk about someone you like this before." I laughed in shock.

"It's so strange."

"Then, you better get used to it." she said, smiling playfully.

"Wow. You really like him, don't you." Her smile instantly vanished. Her eyes registered surprise at what I said as though I was out of my mind.

"What? No," she said.

"C'mon, he obviously likes you, too." I teased.

"No." She was frowning now.

"He likes Levy."

"L, have you seen the guy look at you?"

"Stop assuming, N." she scolded me.

"I'm pretty sure he likes Levy. Anyway, he's just a friend - nothing more."

I sighed.There was no point in arguing with her. That was one problem with Lucy.

She has never had any boyfriend her entire life, not even a fling. She'd be oblivious if someone was already hitting on her.

She was so dense. Maybe that was why I get too protective of her.

"Don't worry, N." Lucy suddenly said.

"You will always be my bestfriend." she added teasingly.

I almost laughed. "I'm not worried at all." I assured her confidently.

"You see, I know that no one can replace me even if they tried. I'm one-of-a-kind."

"That's because no one is as cocky as you." she scoffed.

I laughed out loud. "Are you sure about that?" I asked, thinking about Sting.

"Okay," she said thoughtfully.

"Maybe Sting's a bit cockier."

"A bit?"

"Whatever." she said, waving her hand. She walked toward her bed and said, "Now, goodnight. I'm going to bed."

I can't believe what I just heard.

"This early?" I asked in disbelief.

"Are you really Lucy Heartfilia?"

"No, she's been abducted by aliens," she countered, rolling her eyes as she turned to me.

"You're talking to a cyborg." she added, sarcastically.

I couldn't help but smile. That was the Lucy I know.

"That's more like her." I commented.

"Perfect imitation, cyborg."

She sat on her bed as she moaned. "Really, Natsu. I wanna sleep. I'm exhausted. I didn't know being cheerful takes a lot of energy."

She scowled at me as though she was blaming me.

"I honestly don't know how you do it." she said as she lay on her pillow.

I chuckled. "Hey, maybe you could join the cheerleading squad and become a cheerleader." I teased.

Lucy suddenly sat up and stared at me with disgust. "Gross!" she muttered, covering her mouth as if she wanted to puke.

She removed her hand from her mouth as she said cynically. "Yeah, I'm sure Lisanna would love that."

With that, she plopped on her stomach on her bed. I stopped laughing and looked away.

Well, I have no comment for that. I mean, I really didn't get why Lucy and Lisanna don't like each other.

They are from different worlds like Lisanna would've said. They absolutely have nothing in common - except me.

I tried to talk them into hanging out. But they disagreed - that was putting it mildly.

What really happen was: Lucy punched me in the arm (which surprisingly hurt), and Lisanna didn't talk to me for three days.

I didn't want to force them either. God knows what they would do to me if I did.

"You'll never know." I shrugged, as I went to sit by the window. I gazed  at the stars.

"You might end up being friends." I quipped.

"Sorry, but I'm not into witchcraft." She muttered matter-of-factly.

"What?" I asked, confused. But when I looked at her, she was already fast asleep.

I smiled and looked up the stars again.

"Sweet dreams, L"

^^^^^^^

And that's the end of the story.

Just kidding. End of Chapter 13

Gomene for updating really slow. Forgive me.

See you all readers next time!!