Ep 30

Sorry, the picture is sideways. Don't know why it did that. But it's just a doodle I made while bored in class. I have a few more I can post if you guys are interested.
~○~●~○~

(PoV: 3rd Person)

  A month had passed. Eggman slowly, very slowly, gaining allies. He expanded his base and started taking small, empty territory. Nothing the Sonic Team found troublesome. Scourge was getting a room ready for his part of the deal. Mephilies himself had practically prepared a whole house.

--- Sonic's house ---

  Sonic woke up, not with the best feeling. He felt a little groggy as his stomach turned. Shadow hadn't opened his eyes yet, but he was plenty awake. Sonic decided to wait it out, but soon ran off to the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

(PoV: Shadow)

  I sat up hearing the door slam. Sonic had just taken off. I took the book on pregnancy we had and walked over to the nightstand. I flipped through the pages.

"Lapis?" I heard him throwing up behind the door, "um...." flipping through until I found the symptoms, "Oh it's just morning sickness."

  I walked in and rubbed his back, he was just resting now.

"Okay, baby does not like... late night snacks," he panted and puked again.

"I'll get you a ginger ale," I rubbed his stomach, it wasn't noticeable at all what was growing inside my little Sapphire, "you have a checkup today too."

"Oh fun," he rolled his eyes, and got up, "nothing like a doctor testing you."

"You let Tails test you, and things on you," I stated.

"I trust Tails more than any doctor," he started brushing his teeth.

"He's an 8-year-old kit," I brushed Sonic's quills back, and placed a headband on him, "but he's smarter than most adults."

  I kissed the cheek of my lover and the peach fur over our developing child before leaving to get a ginger ale.

(PoV: Sonic)

  Shadow left us alone, I finished brushing my teeth and changed into my creamy sweater. I made myself tea and made myself comfortable on my sofa.

"Hey Sonic," Tails came in, "Tea again? You've been drinking a lot of tea lately."

"I know," I laughed, "I've just been preferring it lately."

"Can I say hi?" Tails asked pointing to my stomach. I lifted the sweater and he felt my stomach, "So have you always been both?"

"Well, not at first. I knew it was coming eventually, it just happened earlier than expected with the serum. It just really sped up the process," I explained.

"You know, this might be pretty cool," Tails retracted his hand, I pulled my sweater back down, "have you been doing research?"

"Yeah, Shadow didn't quite yet. He should be back soon," I looked at the door, "Slowpoke."

  There was a knock at the door, as we continued our conversation. I opened it to find Scourge and a bouquet of pink roses.

"You have company," he looked behind me seeing Tails, "Well I can work with this. I brought these for you sweetheart."

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms not wanting to deal with him in my state.

"You really," He grabbed my waist and I pushed away.

"Not a chance, I'm taken," I was about to close the door.

"Wait wait wait," he grabbed my hand, "okay no flowers," he tossed the roses aside, "I have everything you'll need. I can get you anything you want."

"Why would you care about what I want?" It was all suspicious to me.

"You're pregnant, and Shadow has no idea what he's doing. Believe me or not, I'm ready for this. Crib, bottles, formula, milk pumps, rocking chair, soft bed for you. But I want it to be our kid. You can't fight for the next year, so I'll fight for you," he went on and on.

"Hold it when did you find out I was-?" I quickly became enraged, "You were spying on me!"

"W-well I..." he backed away.

"Get out of my house, don't come back, and stay away from my family!" I pushed him out, tossed the roses back at him and slammed the door.

"Sonic?" Tails said.

  I hadn't realized a dark energy was surrounding me. I took a breath and calmed myself down.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Tails," I ruffled his fur a bit, "want something to eat?"

  He nodded and I left to the kitchen. Shadow came back and handed me one of the dozen sparkling sodas he brought with him.

"Why was Scourge leaving the house with battered roses?" He asked in the wonderful dark voice of his.

"He was trying to get me to leave with him again. I took care of it," I handed Tails a plate of banana pancakes, "pancakes or waffles?"

"I'm fine, thank you," he always refused to eat.

"Shadow let's do something nice together," I said flipping the last pancake for myself.

"You have the doctors appointment soon," he pointed to the clock, "We'll do something after."

  I nodding and finished my first pancake.

--- Doctors Office ---

  The doctor walked in and quickly rubbed their eyes.

"Well it true, Sonic and Shadow together. I would never have believed it. My son only talks about seeing to two together in the town square once. So Sonic you are-" he flipped through the pages on his clipboard, "Truly an amazing and rare hero. So could you lay down for me?"

  I laid down and he lightly pressed on my stomach.

"Any morning sickness? Heartburn? Fatigue?" He asked.

"Some morning sickness this morning was all," I answered.

"Good good, I'm going to take a look with this machine now. Is your bladder full?" He suddenly asked.

"Um... yes?" I felt a little shy answering that.

"Why do you need to know that?" Shadow asked, sounding angry like he used to.

"So I can see," he rubbed some blue jelly on a white handle with a flat piece at the end, "This is a camera, we are taking an ultrasound of the baby. But Sonic's womb hasn't filled with water yet, so we new to look through his bladder, but that needs to be full for us to see. Now Sonic you'll feel some slight discomfort."

"Yeah, not comfortable at all," I felt the cold jelly meet my fur and pressure on my stomach.

"Okay, let's see the monitor," he looked at a computer screen, "there it is."

"What where?" I heard a click from the camera.

"See this little spot on your uterine wall?"

"Yes," Shadow and I said.

"That's it," he took a couple pictures. Typed something and left, "I'll leave you two with that image for a while. I'll be back soon."

"Shadow, that's our baby," I held his hand.

"This little peanut is ours," he rubbed my leg.

"Ooh~" I felt like crying.

"What what's wrong?" He quickly jumped up and tried comforting me, but I wasn't upset.

"Peanut, I love that name," I gave him a smile.

"Peanut it is," he rubbed tickled my ear.

"Shadow," I stopped him.

"Hmm?" He looked back down at me.

"I really have to pee," I whined.

~~~
I love all the support you guys have given me so far. Here's another doodle.

Ha! I took the picture sideways and it came out straight. Enjoy sleepy Sonic. Bye bye~ 😙