1

Picture of Kiara

Chapter 1: The stories

We don't live in a average world. This world we live in has many creatures that are unknown. We have all kinds vampires, werewolves, witches, worlocks, and dragons. Everybody thinks that these creatures are dangerous, so they never go into the woods.

"Kiara get out of bed you have to go to school," my mother's yells from the other side of the house. That is pretty much how our conversations go. We talk through walls and never look each other in the eye when talking. Everyday we listen to the same speech, over and over and over. We also have to repeat it over.

This is how the speech goes:

I (y/n) pledge to never go into the woods under any circumstances. If I go into the woods I will stay there. I will not speak to werewolves, vampires, dragons, or witches. They are dangerous and I know I will be killed.

We say this over and over again. That is basically why I remember it word from word. I have been hearing that same speech since I was in dippers.

I am already dressed in black jeans with rips at the knees, a Georgia tee-shirt, white socks, and converse sneakers.

I have to have on sneakers, because I have gym today. I don't feel like going through the whole ordeal of changing my shoes and clothes. We have to change our clothes or we will get our grade deducted.

I run down my stair to hurry up and not be late. I grab a nutrients bar and my book bag, then sit down to watch television. My mom comes down the stairs looking like a total mess. Her hair is all over the place, she has wrinkled clothes, and she has sleep is in her eyes still.

"Morning mom, you want me to drive myself to school?" My mom doesn't look like she wants to drive, plus all the high schoolers drive themselves. With an exception of 9th graders. "Yeah, sweetie remember the engine is acting up so be carful," my mom says answering my question.

I'm a senior at Beston high school. It's a public school that has been vandalized. There are two letter missing from the schools name so it looks like this

'Be to high school'

Our school doesn't care about in anything but the creatures in the woods. I hate that people say there are creatures in the woods, but yet they have never been into the woods.

I get done with my breakfast and grab the car keys. I drive to school and hop out of my car. I go to the front of the school and walk in to be met with my best friend Kayla.

Me and Kayla sit in the cafeteria and wait for the bell to ring, but most people are in the gym. Kayla is the one to break the silence,"so did you hear that Ronda got dumped by Taylor?" Taylor is the most popular guy in this school.

He thinks he is all that and has a new girl every week. It isn't a mind blowing statement that she got dumped. I hate Taylor. Ronda is a good girl and use to be our friend until Taylor started to date her.

"Supriseing," I say, my words dripping with sarcasm. Ronda will probably come back and beg us to be friends with her again, but I don't take fake friends back. "Do you think she's crying about it?" Kayla says.

She probably is, I mean it was her first boyfriend. "Probably," I said repeating the statement I said in my head. "Ugh...speaking of he devil," Kayla says loud enough for everyone to hear. I turn around and see Ronda walking in with her eyes blood-shot red, her hair a mess like she didn't brush it, and she is wearing baggy clothes.

I didn't know a reck could get worse. Kayla looks over to us and she looks at me. Her eyes begin to get watery again and the waterworks start again. She runs out of the cafeteria with her head in her hands.

"Dang...didn't know it would effect her that much," Kayla said with a smirk etching on her face. She looked like absolute trash, I never knew that Taylor had that much of an effect on girls. The worst part about it is I tried to warn her.

"Same," I said standing up, because I knew that the bell was about to ring. "Let's go to class, the bells about to ring," I grab Kayla's hand and drag her down the hall to Mr.Clentons class. We go in and sit in our usual seats.

A few minutes later everybody is in the class and is talking. "Alright, we are going to do the pledge," he said standing up holding up his left hand.

They say the pledge, while I sit down and listen to it. I don't believe in this stupid pledge. "Ms.Smalls, why did you not say the pledge?" He asks.

I roll my eyes and say "sorry Mr.Clenton, but I do not believe in that pledge, therefore I will not say what I disagree with," Mr.Clenton is shocked at what I said, but I don't care.

"You still must say the pledge these things are to protect you form the mosters," he said. How do words protect you. Simple words, yet they are protecting us.

"How do you even know that there are mosters? Have you been? Has there been someone to be brave enough to go?" I ask all these questions that I know he doesn't have the answers to. He doesn't answer just as I expected.

"This girl is probably one of them. I say we put her in the woods," Taylor says making the whole class agree. "You don't have to put me in the woods, because I will be going there by myself," I say.

The teacher looks at me in complete and utter horror. "No you won't," he says daring me. I grab my bookbag, my keys, and my work then begin to walk out.

"Stop. You do know your making your death wish right," Mr. Clenton says. I was born to be a explorer. I will explore these woods and I will come back. "I will survive and come back here to prove it," I said walking out of the class and heading to the woods in the back of the school.

I walk in the woods and begin exploring when I get to a clearing I see...