Violet

Violet
The cup was warm in her hands. She never felt anything more soothing than a nice herbal tea to keep down the food that felt like was coming back up.
It has been two days since the announcement was made. As soon as the tv flashed off, no one moved. They sat in a defening silence that made Violet feel like she should run out of the house and never come back. She has thought about running many times but she never seems to be able to bring herself too it.
She was looking outside the window too see Matt playing with old tabby cat, Buttercup. It used be Aunt Prim's but apparently when her mother was younger Prim died, thanks to the war. Violet didn't know much about Prim. All she knew was how she looked like and what were her favorite hobbies. Her mother and father refuse to talk about her for maybe it was to painful too. But she defintly knew that the Primroses outside her house were for Prim. Her mother came out everyday in the morning to tend them. They blossomed beatifully in the spring and summer but wilted with grace during the winter. Violet felt like she really needed the strength that the Primroses have, always being able to stand even though the world wanted to tear it down. No matter what the weather was, the Primroses always stood, not one of them had fallen to earth.
Violet felt pathetic. If damned pair of plants can hold up their pride then why can't she? She set the cup of her slightly cold tea down and took a jacket and pair of hunting boots. She went out and ventured farther than the edge of district 12.
There wasn't a fence anymore due the war. So anyone had the right to venture out into the forest. Violet kept going into ther forest deeper and deeper, seeing the light fade out from behind the trees that kept growing bigger and bigger. She kept moving until she reached a charred place. Everywhere around her everything was burnt to the bone. The burnt trees were strewn everywhere and the lake across in her eyesight was polluted with dirt and ashes of trees. In the corner was a collapsed wood hut. Nothing much could have been savaged form it except an old blue cotton dress and a half a wood nightstand which both was traded off to the capitol for safe keeping. Violet went around the old hut and ended up on a green plain then she pulled out a spear from under the nearest tree and started chuking the spear across the plain. The only thing that connected her and her mother was the feeling of hunting in nature. Her mother went for bow and arrow but she liked the spear. She liked how the spear sliced through the air in a beautiful arc and then to only land with such force into the ground causing the earth around it to shake a little. The bow and arrow required too much effort which wasn't Violet's style.
Hours passed as she kept throwing the spear across the plain. She was growing tired and was about to leave when something behind her came up.
"Boo!" screamed Sage into Violet's ear.

"WHAT THE HELL!!!!" and Violet
dropped her spear onto the ground.

"That was awesome!" giggled Sage as Violet picked up her spear and went towards the tree to stash the spear.

"Never do that again Sage. You know when I'm stressed that I can't afford anything more to bring my blood pressure higher." Violet said as she turned her back to her and started walking home.

"Well I"m sorry but this is the only thing that I can do to help people feel better." Sage said as she jogged to catch up with Violet.

"How does scaring people help when they are already scared?"

"Because it's lots of fun and people know its harmless." Sage said nonchlantly.

"Well soon because of you, someone will have a heart attack."

They both entered back onto the dirt road and went forward towards the village square. Tonight was pretty quiet even though the lights seemed inviting and the floor seemed like a perfect place to dance.

"I don't like this." Sage said with such force that seemed like she was trying hard not to let out tears.

"Me niether." Violet whispered so softly that that not even the winds could hear it.

They walked back in deafening silence as the wind started to slow down and the last of the sunrays dived underneath the earth. Thye both slowly truged back to thier houses, both lost in thought of the ways they could help ease the pain that was going through everyone's heart.

Hey guys!! Sorry that I haven't updated in like a year but life gets complicated and you just seem like you have no time for anything else. But here I am uploading another short chapter. Which reminds me too say that this fanfiction is going to be a "Short chapters, Long Plot" book which meaning that there is a huge plot but everything is being explained short and sweet. So ya that's all I have to say for now but I hope this fanfiction catches more people. So comment, vote, and kill people you hate!!