The fight.

Every narrative is filled with a romantic love story that is too good to be true. Why is love the muse to every story? Is it the unpredictability? The ability to make anyone do anything, even if it's terrible? Is it the sacrifice?
Is it the death?
Or the rebirth?
The two boys never understood the forces that brought them together. Had Tyler stayed home the night he was supposed to go out with friends. Had Josh worn a different jacket that night, their lives would've been completely different. The two had instantly been connected, they both could never figure out why they were both part of each other's fate and why they felt so drawn to each other.
The connection can't always be as strong as they'd hoped. Things were different now.

Anger filled their small house as the walls absorbed the yelling and screaming. The aura of the house was completely different than it's usual calm nature. Bickering and teasing was one thing but when the only peace in the house was when the two wheezed for breath after telling each other off was a completely other thing. Tyler wasn't even sure how the argument started.
Josh didn't mean to take it as far as it did but as soon as Tyler pushed him harshly he knew this wouldn't end well.

"Fuck you Josh!" The smaller screamed at the other with a red face. "No don't give me that bullshit Tyler," The other seethed. " What the fuck is wrong with you? Why are you so angry?" Joshua asked confused. The brunette's hands trembled as fists by his sides, "Im frustrated. Do you ever care about anything?" Tyler asked in a whimper. "Of course I do! I always do! How the fuck am I supposed to react when all you do is just fucking complain?"

The shorter softened at the question and was about to answer before the other cut him off. "Im done with not caring." He continued wiping his face. "We are neck deep in fucking debt, we-we don't have food in the fucking fridge Josh! The fucking AC broke and we finished our last pack of gushers..." The boy sobbed clearly frustrated.

"Tyl-"
"N-No.." The boy choked. "You say you care but you don't, i-if you cared we would've worked as a team. We wouldn't be in this mess."

"Tyler...Don't yell at me when you quit your job for music and I supported you." He said calmly despite him clearly being ticked by that point. "Do. Not. Yell at me when I'm not the one that pushes you away at night." Josh recalled making tears fight their way into his eyes making him look away from the other brunette. "Are you kidding me?" Tyler laughed coldly. "I asked if that was a problem and of course you act like everything is okay when it isn't." He spat.

"You know what? Fuck off Tyler. You're so fucking ridiculously stupid for this bullshit." Josh said running his hands over his face.

The smaller of the two trembled, something boiled in his chest the next words that poured out of his mouth, he would regret forever.
"Fuck you Joshua Dun. I wish I never met you. Whether it was 50 years ago or 5 years ago, I wish I never met you here or in any conceivable universe where I did."

Josh's face immediately dropped. Tyler gasped and slapped his hands over his lips. "Josh- I.." He started but shut his mouth as soon as the other interrupted him, "Don't bother. I've been thinking the same thing anyways. You shouldn't have showed up to that gig. Just- Don't fucking talk to me." Joshua said with a cold glare.

At that very moment, their hearts seemed to connect and cause a searing pain that they knew all too well. Heartbreak.

"J-Josh please I'm sorry-"
"I'm sleeping on the couch."
"I-I love you I shouldn't have said that...th-that was-"
"Goodnight." Josh ignored him and went off to find a pillow. Leaving the brunette alone with a guilt caged heart. The boy stood there in utter shock of the power of his own voice. His mind wondered if he really meant it.

He pulled himself together after a few minutes of staring blankly at the same spot. Tyler wiped his tears despite the constant flow down his red cherry face. He made his way to the bedroom the two usually shared and sat at the foot of the bed holding his head in his hands. He knew they weren't going to recover anytime soon.

Downstairs, Josh sat on the couch pulling at his hair as anxiety burned in his chest like fire through paper. He laid down and stared up at the ceiling with overwhelming guilt. He somehow felt like this was all his fault and he couldn't seem to figure it out. He whimpered as pain erupted through his skull which caused him to bury himself in his blanket that he had collected and shut his eyes tightly to block out the world.

His boyfriend grabbed sleeping pills from his bedside table and took one more than he was supposed to. He wasn't one for medically induced sleep unless he really needed it. This situation made him feel like he really needed it.

He laid back on the bed and stared at the ceiling until Josh didn't exist, until his head didn't hurt, and his eyelids felt like they weighed millions of pounds. He drifted off into a deep sleep, the events from before were just a memory and no worries clouded his mind as his vision turned black.
Joshua shared the same experience as he tossed and turned until he fell asleep into a deep slumber where only space existed. The house fell silent as the two boys slept.

As unconsciousness took over, time seemed to stop and reverse. Soon minutes, hours, months, years, and decades seemed to reverse as if it never happened. As the boys stirred in their rest, history began to undo itself and suddenly stop. Things were definitely different. Something had changed.

The year is 1922....