Till Tomorrow Comes

Author's note:  Hi, hello. So, I'm writing this as my CampNaNoWriMo project, set at 25k words, so I hope I'll be able to reach my goal. This is only a prologue and it's quite a bit different from the rest of the story, just like I'm being too formal right now. As you may find out later, I'm quite sarcastic and quirky and crazy and I swear I hate being serious, but eh, I have no idea what to write here, so I'm being my unusal self. Anyway, I hope you give this a shot and that you like it and that you would be sooooo kind to vote or comment or whatever floats your boat.

Happy reading! :D xx.

~~~~

Two years earlier

“You know, you should really stop breaking people up. It’s not doing anyone any favours.” I say, feeling half guilty but mostly right. No matter the fact that Dani is my best friend, she’s gone way overboard this time. She may be jealous and she may feel betrayed but to go and make up lies about her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend is outright bitchy. Even for her.

“Well, they deserved it. He was a jerk when he broke up with me and I think I have reasons to be a bitch about this. We aren’t even broken up for month, Kim! He can’t just go showing up with the new girlfriend after that short period of time. Doesn't he have any remorse? Because he should. I wasn’t so insensitive to go kissing the first guy that offers after a week. And believe me, there were offers.” She says with a wink, hiding the fact that she’s hurting. I tried to do everything in my power to make her feel better, but it wasn’t working. Instead, she’s coping with jokes and humour. Typical Dani.

I smile and shake my head. She’ll never change.

The drink ends up in my hands. It’s a cocktail and Dani is smiling mischievously at me. I never drink much, mostly because I have very strict parents than anything else, but sometimes I let lose and I decide that tonight is the night to do that.

Two hours later, we’re dancing along with fifty other people. The music is loud and heavy and it beats through my whole body. I feel carefree and happy. I feel like a lightweight and I don’t want that feeling to ever go away. It’s not the alcohol, mostly because I didn’t drink much of it, but it’s the feeling. It’s the lights of a party and music and my best friend who looks like she’s having a time of her life after a long while. So I hug her and we’re screaming and dancing and I’ve never felt better.

After a few minutes, Dani is lost in the crowd, dancing with some other people but I don’t care. She’s not mine to keep and I like seeing her having fun, so I continue dancing on my own.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms around me, pulling me closer. I could recognize them anywhere. I could recognize that minty breath from miles away. And nine out of ten times I’d shake him off and scream at his face that he should stop playing around and stop being a pretentious asshole. But this time, I don’t do that. I don’t care enough. I feel too good to do anything rational about it. Instead, I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him closer to me. It feels right. It feels good and I can’t feel guilty about it even if I tried. I can feel him smiling against my neck, even if my eyes are closed. I know him too well, even if we’re not even close to the friendly terms.

“Not going to push me off, huh?” He asks in a whisper and it sends shivers down my spine. It’s stupid I know, but I can’t help but to get lost in his touch, in his words. Not right now, even though that’s not usually the problem. I just nod because I don’t feel like answering. As a response, he pulls me even closer. How that is even possible, I’m not sure.

Without thinking, I open my eyes and turn around. He’s watching me with that familiar smirk of his and playful, mischievous brown eyes. I hate that look. It just shows how much of an arrogant prick he really is. Maybe it’s that little dose of alcohol I had earlier, or maybe it’s just my true nature showing its face, but I don’t mind it right now. I don’t mind him looking at me like that. Not when he’s holding me this close. Not when his face is inches away from mine.

“I hate you.” I whisper, feeling weak and vulnerable. That isn’t me. I’m never weak, never vulnerable, and I hate that feeling. I hate Ethan for being the way he is and for making me hate him, yet feel attracted to him. It was always a problem of mine and, especially at times like this, I had a hard time handling it – even admitting it. If somebody would ask me if I like Ethan, I’d deny it in a heartbeat. But right now, something in me didn’t care.

So when he kisses me, I don’t pull away. To my own surprise, I kiss him back. I can feel that he’s shocked, that he didn’t quite expect that, but soon, he’s just kissing me and it feels like we should’ve done that a long time ago. I know it sounds cheesy and I know you probably think, “Well, why did you pretend you hate him then?” But if you knew Ethan Jennings the way I do, you’d hate him too. If you saw all the sides of him, you wouldn’t like him either. So yes, maybe I should’ve kissed him sooner, but that would probably be a mistake. This, right now, is probably a mistake and tomorrow, we’ll pretend like it never happened.

I don’t let myself think about tomorrow though. The thing that I do is that I let him take me away from the crowd. I let him lead me into his house and in his bedroom. I let myself be put onto his bed and I let him put his weight onto me. I can’t care. I don’t want to care. Right now, all I want is him.

And that’s all that matters.

*

I awake with a start. When I open my eyes, I don’t know where I am or why I am where I am, and what the hell happened last night. But when I look beside me, and see the most unlikely boy in the bed with me, it all starts coming back. His hands all over me. His lips kissing every inch of my skin. My name leaving his lips as he pushes inside of me. Me whispering “I hate you” even when I don’t, even when I feel everything but. My heart feels as if it’s going to jump out of my chest, as I watch him. He’s still sleeping, his chest falling up and down. He looks peaceful so I don’t want to disturb him. That, and I don’t know what his reaction will be when he wakes up.

Before I know what I am doing, I kiss him on the lips one last time, get up, put my clothes on, and disappear from his house as fast as I can.

Two days later

BREAKING NEWS: FIVE TEENAGERS DISAPPEAR FROM THE PARTY FRIDAY NIGHT

                Nobody has seen them since and nobody knows where they are. Investigation is in the progress.