How it could have been

So there we sat. Still alive in a cozy, warm house in the middle of nowhere.
Once we were with a group, but everything changed as so many of them died and we had to run away.
First we met while fighting against those walkers. We found a silent spot to talk to talk to each other and he decided that he wanted to ask his group if me and my brother could come with them. At that point he was around my age.
And ever since I knew I had a crush on him. His crystal blue eyes were the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
One time as we were finally alone, I knew that I had to tell him my feelings. It was the only thing I had to do, ever since we lived on such a dangerous world.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" I asked him that day.
"Sure what's up?" he said and smiled. And oh my, his smile was the most beautiful thing on earth.
"I wanted to tell you for a long time," I started. "I'll just be straight forward: I love you."
He didn't say anything. First he looked at me and then he smiled widely. He pulled my waist towards him and just kissed me like I've never been kissed before. It was literally like the movies and the most perfect moment in my life. I even forgot how shitty the world was at this point.

From that point on we were together and he is the cutest boyfriend I could have imagined. For example, if I ever had a bad dream and woke up, he would cuddle me so I feel save again.

One day, my brother turned after being bitten. I didn't know that he got bitten, because he didn't tell anyone. We all lived in the same small house. And I got surprised by my brother as a walker.
He got me from behind and pushed me to the ground. I thought my life was over now, ever since no one was nearby. But as my brother already hung about me, I heard a shot from a gun.
He fell onto me. But shortly after he got pulled off me and I saw Carl above me.

"Are you okay?" he said panicking.
"Yes, I'm fine. You were here to save me before he could do anything"
He pulled me up from the ground and swung his arms around me.
"I love you. Dare you to die without me." he whispered while hugging me.
"I love you so much" I said to him.

At some point, so many of our people died so we had to go. We took a car and drove as wide away as we could.
In the middle of nowhere we found a house that was just perfect for us. We lived there happily and had no bigger problems with walkers. Everything was perfect.

One day he took my hand and said "(Y/N), I love you and I will never leave your side."
He smiled as beautiful and cute as always and made my hearth melt a little.

But sadly, that isn't the full truth. That's more like how it should have ended.
I do have found a house that was perfect for us. And it was really cozy and warm. But one thing was missing: Him.
He died the day I had to drive away. I would rather have him with me here and that's how it could have been.

Now, the only thing that's left to me is the time he gave me, thinking that everything is perfect.

I love you.

Hope you guys liked it and show me if you want to read more.
As said before you can also send me your ideas and I would love to write them for you.

Love, Sarah! ❤️