23. You were so confident

HEEJIN'S POV

'So, you mean you're really not going back to him?' Yuju said as she prepared something for us to eat. 'You never change, Hee. You're still stubborn.'

'And you're still bothersome. Are you sending me away?' I asked, earning a glare from her. It was a lie but I wanted her to stop talking about Jimin. She's been blabbing since I told her all what happened.

'You could have listened to what he wanted to say. If just because of Minkook.' She said, eyeing my tummy.

'Who's Minkook?'

'Little Jimin.' She said giving me a teasing smile. Wow, she already named him when she doesn't even know what gender it's gonna be. 'You're funny.'

'Give him a chance to explain. It might not be as bad as it looks.' she said, referring to the numerous calls I've been getting from Jimin and the other members.

'Then what does it look like?' I asked angrily throwing a piece of paper I had rolled up into a ball.

'Why are you angry at me? I'm just trying to be of help. You still love him so much!'

'Who'd love that ass?' I asked as my feminine side began to kick in. Yes, a girl should not be vulnerable at all times.

'I know what I'm saying. If you didn't love him too much, you wouldn't be throwing paper balls at me. You used to do that back in school; you know when Nam Joo Hyuk sunbae rejected your confession. You were so angry that you kept throwing paper balls at me.' She said with a wink. That was indeed true, but how did she manage to remember that? Even I, have forgotten.

'Whatever, I'm not going back to him.....' I paused. '....Yet' I completed and she sighed seeing why I said so. 'Enough of me. Let's talk about you.' I said to her but she just scoffed.

'What's so important about me now? You're the important one here.' She said.

'That's not funny.' I said. 'So, you have someone you're dating or like?'

'Still single as ever.' She said avoiding eye contact but I knew well what that meant.

'So, you still like Jungkook?'

'Shut up!' she said making me giggle.

JIMIN'S POV

'You're hiding something from us.' Yoongi hyung said. It was scary when he said that, he was not the type to have this kind of conversation except it was serious. Like, really serious.

'Hiding what?' I said, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

'You can't keep doing that. You can't f**king keep doing this.' He retorted raising his voice a few decibels. That scared the shit out of me. Well, maybe not only me, the other members were too.

'Yah, Yoongi calm down.' Jin hyung said patting his shoulder.

'What do you take us for, huh?' 'If something is wrong, you should tell us. For the past few months, I kept wondering if you were really one of us. You changed a lot, Jimin.' he spurted out and I wanted to answer him that it was not really how he thought but no words came out. I really wanted to tell him I was fine. After all, I had no right to tell him what Eunjung was doing to my (OUR) lives. It was my mistake, so I had to face the consequences alone. Not drag the innocent members into it but it hurt me that I lost Heejin because of that.

'Are we just here for play?' he said as he kicked a plastic stool in front of him and it broke into pieces right away. How come his foot doesn't hurt from that? Hobi hyung quickly dragged him away as he was walking dangerously towards me and I knew what was gonna happen next.

'It's okay hyung. I'm just a miserable man you shouldn't really worry about.' I said as I walked out. I could feel Namjoon, Jungkook and the others giving me a worried look but I didn't care at the moment. I couldn't tell them what was up. I'll just face my problem alone.

***

HEEJIN'S POV

The next few weeks held a mix different feelings for me and for a reason it was stressful. I already texted Jimin and Jungkook that I was fine and to not look for me even though I missed them so much, my stomach was getting bigger, I was struggling with the changes of being a new mother and I was staying with Yuju now. Things were going perfectly well until I went for a check-up with Yuju and I sighted Eunjung. My mood changed when I saw Jimin behind her guiding her through the crowd. He was wearing a mask but I would recognize him anywhere. Her bulge was a bit more obvious than when I met with her last. My fingers twitched and gathered heat almost immediately and Yuju noticed too. What made it more surprising was that he was supposed to attend BTS' press conference but missed it due to a leg injury, due to reporters. Leg injury, indeed huh?

'That's him, right?' Yuju asked and I nodded in affirmation.

'Let's get out of here before he sees us.'

'Why are you hiding from him.... You were so confident back home.'

'I didn't tell him I was pregnant, stupid. He'd question why I am at an hospital and will probably beg me to comeback. I don't wanna make a scene here.' I replied. I couldn't let either of them see me. It'd be a disaster a total one.

'Let's go then.' Yuju said hesitantly but it was too late. Just as we turned, I heard someone call my name and I recognized that voice almost immediately.

'Shit!' I muttered as I gazed at Yuju in annoyance of being discovered.

Since BEST OF ME will soon end, I wrote an prologue of my next book. Please if you like books with happy ending please don't even bother to read it. I'm just writing it because i think others might learn from it. The title is JUST FRIENDS. And yes, It's my not-so-interesting love story. Teenage love could be something, could be happy, could be sad, could be burdensome, could be stress-free. Anyway's I'm gonna start it immediately BEST OF ME ends. And I'm not gonna use Jimin as my main character coz I can't imagine a sad love story with him. So, you guys suggest a name i can use.I would also like to do a Q & A

1. Where are you from guys? and

2. How did you get into kpop/kdrama or korean stuff at large.