Chapter Nine

Silently and carefully they made their way to the back door. Nick was in the front leading the way, while Carly was in the middle and Layla was watching their backs.

"Stay close" Nick whispered as they made a stop in front the back door. Layla stepped closer to Nick as Carly grabbed a wooden baseball bat. Layla smirked as Nick shrugged it off

They took a deep breath before entering the house carefully an quietly. It was dark inside, pretty much creepy. Carly stepped in after Layla an took a quick look before reaching out for the house phone. She placed it against her ear, after a couple of seconds she put it back down.

Layla followed Nick more into the house.
They walked in to what looks to be the living room. The dull light made it a bit easier to see. Layla looked around the house as Nick went towards the stairs.

She walked towards a pool table areas.
"Dalton? Wade?" Nick whisper yells.

Layla didn't like being in the house more than they should be. She stood next to Nick when Carly called them.

"Layla, Nick, over here, there's guns".

They followed her voice to where she was an see her standing in front of some glass shelf with guns in it. Layla An Nick walked up to her. Nick tried to pull it open, but it was locked. He grabs the bat from Carly but Layla bashes her foot into it, successfully shattering it

"Babe!" Nick whispered pulling her back," you okay?" Layla shrugged as she watched Carly check it out from a different angle, only for her to say it was bolted to the wall.

"Look, there has to be a key, somewhere around here. We should try to look for it, or for something that would at least help us open it", Layla stated

"Yeah, your right!"

They all split up an Look around the room. Layla looked in the drawers and under things, but can't find anything.

Suddenly they hear a door slam. Layla was ready for a fight till Nick grabs her hand and pull her into the kitchen, taking their place behind a refrigerator and listen to what goes on. 

Nick signals his head to Carly. He pushes Layla back with his arm and into another room as that Bo guy made his way into the kitchen

Layla looks to Nick," get Carly, ima check this room out and maybe find a way out". 

Nick kisses her before he leaves. She walked more into the room, that looks to be some operating room. Light came from a door into the ground. Layla bent down enough to see that there's some underground passage.

She took a stiff stance when she heard noise, but relaxed when she saw it was just Carly and Nick. Layla opens the trap door an smiles to Nick as he nods his head with a smile of his own.

Carly says something horrible
"I saw Paige and Blake's bodies... they're dead!"

"We have to get the hell out of here. Now!" Layla said as Nick made his way down pulling Carly with him

The walls were plaques of wood and the ground was plain dirt with lights that illuminated the way. There was a loud noise that they seem to have gotten louder the more they got closer.

Passing the generator, there was no light at all. Just complete and utter darkness.

"Damn. I can't see anything", Nick said," there's gotta be light here somewhere".

Nick an Carly were randomly touching the switches till one of them got the right one. The light came on and they continued to walk. The room they reached seemed to be covered with melting wax.