Who be him

I jumped out of the water a few times, knowing the other clam was watching. His dingity dong bounced out of his pants, and I knew I had him wrapped around my non-existent finger. 

He watched intensely as I took my chance to shoot him a wink. He smiled at me and crossed his legs, wanting more than what was being given. 

I went back into the water and looked around at all my clam friends and homes. There was a total of 60 clams here. And of those 60 clams, I was the only gay one. I could never tell any of them. 

We had all grown up together. All the parents knew one another and all the kids knew one another. We were unrelated family. It was the picture perfect story. No crime, happy kids, happy parents. 

But then there was me. The odd man out. The puzzle piece that doesn't fit. The one rainbow in a room of black and whites. I was fine with it though. I had been this way for as long as I could remember. I was good at keeping secrets.

I loved my family though. They were always there and I loved my siblings. We were tighter than tight. We understood each other in a way no one else does. We were close. But now that we were all getting older, they seemed more distant. More busy with their lives. They had other relationships, other friends. 

I was never much of an extrovert. I liked the comfort of my home and chose to stick with that. As much as everyone here was great, I wanted something so much more, but I never had the courage to. I was tired of being in this town, hiding who I truly was. I hated being the odd man out and I was ready to move on. Seems as everyone else has. 

I decided to go back above the water as I looked for my admirer. I braced for the impact of the cool air. I broke the surface of the water, looking for my lover, only to be left in shock.