Chapter 14

John

"John," a voice whispers, lightly tapping my shoulder.

I groan and hastily swipe the hand away.

"Wake up, man," another voice says, shaking me violently.

"Stop it Nine," I murmur, shrugging the people's hands off me.

A searing pain on my face jolts me awake and I let out a shrill scream. in my dazed confusion, I jump up only to be forcefully pulled down by something.

A seatbelt.

A couplr people in the rows ahead look at me strangly before going back to what they were doing.

"Where are we?" I mutter through my drowsy haze.

"Still on the plane," a familiar voice says, almost making me jump again. Adam stares at me for a moment before settling into his seat. "You sleep like the dead."

Now I'm really confused. "Why did you wake me up? We're not even here yet."

"Yeah but the pilot stewardess announced we'd be in Florida in about an hour," Adam says.

"How long was I out?"

"About a day," Sarah replies, not looking at me. Are we still in an argument?

"I didn't think flights took this long," I muse.

"They don't," Adam agrees, "but the plane started to break down and they had to go back and get an other one."

"So...you carried me off the plane," I say slowly.

"Yeah, you could stand to loss about fifty pounds," Adams scowls.

"It's all muscle," I say proudly.

This makes Sarah scoff. "Yeah and I'm a billionare."

"Where's the bathroom?" I ask. Adam points the way and I walk over.

It's vacant so I step in to relieve myself. I wonder how the rest of the Garde are.

A thought hits me; maybe the Macrocosm works now. I turn it on and sigh in defeat.

I begin to zip my pants up when someone begins to bang on the door. "Occupied!" I holler, cursing under my breath.

However, the banging doesn't stop and when I fling thr door open in annoyance, a body falls onto me.

"What the-"

Whoosh! All my air leaves me as something big and heavy slams into me. "Watch where your going," I growl, only to be face to face with...Five.

What

The

Hell?

"Five?" I ask, slightly confused. "Where are the others?"

Suddenly, I am aware that someone is screaming. Actually, everyone on the plane is screaming.

"Five?" I say, but he completely ignores me. Instead, he chooses to slam me into the door while running past me.

Oh no...he's not getting away this easily. "Where's Nine, Six, Seven and Eight?" I yell.

This catches his attention. Oh, did I mention he's missing an eye? "That little plaything you call a Garde is dead," he snarls, whipping around to command the Mogs that are flooding the plane.

"Who?" I wonder out loud.

"Eight," he sneers in smug satisfaction. "Oh, and I killed him...fyi."

"WHAT?!" I roar, blood rushing to my ears. Seven must be torn up inside.

"Yeah, he got in the way of killing Nine," he sighs, "it's too bad, that bastard sure has a mouth on him."

A Mog rushes toward me and I lob a flaming ball at him and he falls over, dead.

"Are you with them?" I whisper, my voice shaking in fury and confusion.

"You mean the Mogadorians? Hmm, come to think of it, yeah."

A strangled cry escapes as I barrel towards him so fast he can't even move.

He lets out a manical laugh as I smash his face in. Blood seeps through his nostrils and a big bruise is starting to show. "No matter what, John, you'll never win. You can kill me but you'll never win. Viva la Setrakus Ra."

I smash his nose in blind fury and he chokes on blood, laughing. Then...his body goes still.

Suddenly, I can't hear the screaming anymore. All I can hear is Five's man iCal laughter on replay. Blood continues to run down his nose and I get off him, horrified at what I've done.

My fingers shake and soon my whole body is shaking.

Five was a person.

He was not a Mog.

We could've changed him.

But I was too blind with fury, confusion and sleepiness to think.

What have I done?

I slump against the wall and everything seems to move in slow motion.

Someone grabs my arm.

Someone attaches an emergency parachute to my back.

Someone thows me off the plane with the parachute and pulls the string before pushing me.

But I'm not sure who.

Because I'm numb.

------------------------------------

Free falling.

Wind tosses my short hair everywhere as I lazily look down.

I'm falling to the ground.

Like a fallen angel.

Like a demon who kills.

As I approach the ground, I can't feel anything.

I'm numb all over.

Suddenly, the ground reaches out to meet me and I land.

The parachute cushioned my fall but I could care less. I wish I had broken my bones so I could feel something.

John.

Someone's calling my name.

John.

Lazily, I turn to the voice.

John, are you alright man?

The voice is so weird...it's like I'm underwater or something.

John, I've missed you. We haven't found them yet.

I know this person, I do. I put my dry lips together and try to make a sound.

John, are you okay man?

Finally, I manage to form a coherent word.

"Sam."

Yay! Sam's back in the story! So...what about Sarah and Adam? Idk, you'll just to wait! Please, will someone make my day and just review?

Fangirlgeek101