Broken I

"Um Nagisa." He looked up from the things he was shoving on his bag to his classmate and probably the closest person he had as a best friend in this sector. She was holding up her lunchbox and was batting her eyelashes as she tried to form the words she was dying to say all year long.

"Do you want to--"

"I'm sorry maybe next time?" Nagisa quickly apologized as he sped off out of the classroom. The girl slumped her shoulders that she was rejected yet again by the boy.

She always wondered why he was such in a hurry to avoid her during lunch break. Her lips curled into a deeper frown but head out to have lunch with her other friends.

I'm late.

Those two words kept ringing on his mind as he jumped off from the library's furthest window and ran to the end of the metal fences that the academy had placed in the campus. He stumbled a little but got back to his footing as he spotted the large tree in his view.

He sat down, heaving a little before looking up and screamed. "Oh what a sound." The guy in a bloody mask grumbled before taking it off.

Nagisa glared at him. "Put that away Karma." He said.

Karma crouched down to his level, clawing on the metal wires that separated them before grinning evilly. "Why don't you make me." He challenged.

"Fine then." Nagisa said as he kneeled in front of Karma. Karma made an ooing sound by his companion's boldness.

"I like where this is going."

"Had enough?" Karma teasingly asked as Nagisa was on the ground, pain erupting on his little gem that he clutched ever so gently. Nagisa found the strength to glare at him yet again.

"You did that on purpose."

"Oh, did I?"

Nagisa only groaned at that.

Karma had a sick smile on his face as he took a sip of his strawberry milk, eyeing the boy as he finally sat up and glared at him once more before handing him his lunch. Even after the redhead almost making his companion infertile, he still gave him his lunch.

What a joy. "Next time, don't be late." Karma said while munching quietly on his egg roll.

Nagisa sighed, "I wasn't late." He said.

"Lies." Karma retorted as he (at this point in time I forgot how to translate my language HAHAHAHA parang ano, 'tusok' sa dialect namin HAHAHHAHA) stabbed the straw to a new milk drink and sipped, lying his back against the metal fences. "You were late by 30 seconds." Karma added, the straw dangling at the side of his lips.

Nagisa gave a look. "Why does that have to be counted?"

"Because..." Karma said and Nagisa waited for his companion to continue but after a few moments he didn't bother continuing his reason. "You really made the sausages into octopuses." Karma grinned as he showed the little octopus sausage to Nagisa who was eating his egg rolls.

Nagisa gave an awkward smile. "You said you wanted them." He answered.

Karma could only grin before violently eating the little animal. "And it's good too!"

Nagisa only laughed at his childish antics.

"You better get going, you're going to be late." Nagisa said after a while of them lying against the fences, as if they were lying against each other's backs. Karma hummed loudly as he played with the flowers that were beside him.

"The teacher can wait." He replied.

"Karma..." Nagisa called out as he turned around to see Karma was looking at him. He didn't know why but he felt his cheeks turning red by the way Karma was looking at him.