Nightmare

Flame

I had never been scared of fire. I didn't like it, but I didn't have a fear of it. The scene in front of me. It seemed all too familiar. There was a house. A see a middle aged woman run towards the road. She was screaming. I could see the tears streaming down her face, the flame reflecting off them. She looked sad, empty, broken, and burnt. Not just physically. The light you can see-no feel-radiate off someone. That shows that they feel....happy. Happy is quite a vague term. However there is joy showing they are content with what they have. Her light burned out. I creep towards the screeching woman. She chokes out, "My husband is in there! Help him!" I realize who she is.

Grauntie? (Grand Aunt)

I remember. The fire my grunkle is in there. He is dying and here I am...just standing here. I can't move. I'm chained to the spot at which I'm standing. I need to help him. I NEED TO! And yet, here I am. Paralyzed to this spot. I can only sob. I see paramedics and firefighters. They all rushed in. I see one of the younger medics come out with a black, burnt mess on a stretcher. They have my grand uncle and they also have a large black bag. He's dead.

He is dead.

Dead

Dead

Dead

DEAD

And I did nothing.

They put him in the bag. I never saw him again. What's worse is this is 5 days after my grandfather's death. He died from cancer, which now I fear. Why am I not scared of fire? I lost all balance in my legs and fell to the ground. All I saw was black.

When I arose I saw more fire. This time in a forest. I see multiple firefighters rushing to evacuate people. I recognise this immediately. It's my aunt saving people from the California fire. I also notice a father calling out to his son; saying it will all be ok. He has multiple burns and is wheeled into a similar ambulance. The son is wheeled into another ambulance, this time with life threatening burns.

He cries out to his father. Yelling. Screaming. In pain, mentally and physically. I can't move once again. I fall once more. The ground being burnt. As I awake once again, I'm in a field of sunflowers. There is a young girl with dark brown, curly locks of hair. Her eyes dull. She is wearing a golden dress, with matching bows in her hair. Glitter is shining it's beautiful glow. Why is she so sad? Sad is also a vague term. She seems more....broken. Like how my grauntie looked. Her eyes filled with pain. Like the small boy crying for his father.

She slowly trudged towards me. She looks at me and asks me a single question, "Are you afraid now?" I don't know. Am I scared. "I don't know," everything is happening too fast. I look down. I see that my clothing is now a pale yellow nightgown with tiny pink bows at the top. I'm barefoot, I see, "I'll ask another question," she started, "Do you recognise these memories?" I nod.

"Those are my memories. My family dying. My Aunt saving lives while families are being ripped apart at the same time. And yet, I don't feel any fear towards fire." I'm unsure what to say. I start to open my mouth, she just shushes me. "Here you arent judged for what you do. Just know be kind to everyone. I know it sounds cliche. Just know it'll save your life," she pause before saying, "My grandmother didn't like the Russian people and yet." She paused for a brief amount of time then sang.

Лети, перышко, через полюшко
Смахни перышко, Мое горюшко

"It's time for you to wake up. Remember what I said. I'll meet you here every night. Don't disappoint me," she finished as she faded away.