chapter one

On the top floor of Hotel Tres Spades in the penthouse suite, I stare at the intimidating man in front of me, who is looking down at me with cold eyes as if I am nothing more than an object.

"Take off all of your clothes." He says staring at the fabric sitting on my body. I gasp and shake my head.

Harry Styles, who works for the international company the 'Styles Group', is the one ordering me around. The only responses I am allowed to give are 'yes' or 'okay'. Since he's bought me at an auction, I can't disobey him.

"Let me tell you something. When I order you to do something, I want you to do it within five seconds." He growls. He reaches out his hand to me and I freeze. He grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls on it roughly.

The buttons on my blouse pop open, exposing my upper chest. I squeeze my eyes shut, afraid of what is happening. I don't even know this guy!

Instead of touching me, he lets go of me.

I open my eyes slightly and see him staring down at my chest. "I'll think of a good use for you." He says smirking, then leaving the room.

He'll think of a good use for me? I have no idea what's going on through his mind..

I can see why he seems so conceited, belonging to the Styles Group, but I have no idea what to do now that someone like him has bought me..

What am I going to do? If I leave, he might get mad and that wouldn't be good for me considering all the people he can control to hurt me or something..

I look out the window and sigh. The nighttime scenery spreads as far as eye can see beyond the window. The view is breathtaking from here at the top floor.. I'm mesmerized by the view when suddenly Mr. Tomlinson and Mr. Malik appear in the doorway.

"Your shirt is ripped open. Harry already have his way with you?" Louis asks looking at my chest. My eyes widen and I button up my shirt quickly, I can feel my cheeks turning red. "That's moving too fast, in more ways than one." Zayn says laughing. "Mr. Tomlinson and um.." I stutter.

"Pfft, she forgot your name again, Malik." Louis says patting Zayn on the back. "Sorry, Mr. Malik." I say nodding my head toward him. "My full name is Zayn Malik." He says winking and smirking. "You can call me Malik, Zayn.. Whatever you like."

"...Mr. Malik it is then." I say with a fake smile plastered on my face. "She totally ignored you!" Louis says laughing at Zayn. "Don't worry, we'll get to know each other better soon.." Zayn replies. "The first step is introducing yourself." Zayn says to me. "What's your name?"

"Nicole Carters." I say. "Nicole, huh? Cute name." Zayn says smiling.

"Um anyway," I say moving on. "Mr. Tomlinson, why are you two in here?"

"Just call me Louis, please. Seems friendlier, doesn't it?" I nod at him. "Ok, Louis."

"Anyway, the boss asked us to show you around." Louis says. "Pretty irresponsible to not take care of his own things, right?" Zayn says rolling his eyes. I groan and roll my eyes also, but not because I agree with him.

He just called me Harry's thing. I'm like a pet, but a human being.. this is insane..

"You work here, right?" Zayn asks me. I nod and Louis' facial expression changes to a look of realization. "Oh, that's right. The first time I saw you, you were wearing a uniform."

"Yes, I'm a maid here." I say nodding. "I see.." Louis says. "So while you were working, you somehow got lost and ended up at the auction?"

"I was carrying some boxes for the guests and I ended up bumping into a glass Venus statue, then broke it. The guys who were carrying it brought me to the auction in order to pay for it." I explain as to what happened. "Oh, I get it. All I can say about that is that you have some bad luck." Zayn says.

"But now," He continues. "You have met five stunning princes. All's well that end's well."

"I don't see any princes.." I say looking around with fake confusion. "Harry is more like a dictator than a prince." Louis says shaking his head. "But, what do you think of him?"

"He seems like a typical rich guy.. he's a cold person. He can participate in that auction because he has a lot of money, right?" I ask. Louis and Zayn nod in unison. "Yeah he's got a ton of money.. that's how he bought you for $20 million."

Why the hell would someone spend that kind of money on me!?

"If the boss hadn't bought you, you'd be with that pig face by now." Louis says. Zayn leans closer to me and whispers. "Just so you know, you're not allowed to say a word about that auction to anyone. It'd be sad if a pretty girl like you got wiped off the face of the earth."

I knew it.. They'll get rid of me if I tell anyone about the auction..

"But as long as you understand that, and as long as you don't disobey Harry I'm sure you'll survive just fine." Louis says smiling.

"C'mon, we'll show you around!"

- -

The next day, I change into my uniform as usual in the hotel locker room.

"Nicole, did you go home early yesterday?" My co-worker, Kim, asks walking into the room. I nod, then try to walk out, not wanting her to question me anymore. "Are you sick? Are you all right?" She asks following after me.

"Yeah, I was just really tired. I feel a lot better now that I got some rest." I reply giving her a fake smile. Sleep was the last thing that was truly on my mind yesterday though..