thirteen

Jay and I walked hand and hand to the taxi to head to Sentosa Island. Jay made reservations to this romantic restaurant and he was so excited because he had heard about how amazing their food was.

"I'm so happy to spend my last day in Singapore with you." He kisses my cheek and he smiles brightly. How did I get so lucky?

"I am so happy I met you, and you brought me along. I'm so happy." I put my head on his shoulder and he puts his head on mine. We sit in silence for a few more minutes before we reach our destination- The Cliff. Since it was already night time, everything was so beautiful and romantic. The receptionist lead us to a table by the window that looked out on the pool that surrounded the restaurant.

"This is absolutely gorgeous, thank you so much, Jay." I smile before sipping on champagne.

"Nothing but the best for you dear." He said scanning the menu. "What are you thinking about getting?"

"Umm, not sure, there's a lot of choices but the Bianca pizza with garlic and rosemary sounds really good." I replied. The waitress came to our table and took our order. "I am so not ready to leave tomorrow."

"Same, I love it so much. It's so cold in Korea, and it's always warm here." Jay and I continued to talk and eat. "Would you like to go to the gardens again? I heard it's beautiful at night."

"Sure, I would love to." I said finishing my last bite of pizza. Jay smiled and ordered a taxi to pick us up in ten minutes. After Jay paid we headed out to street and saw a Rolls Royce waiting for us. We got in and headed to the gardens. Once we got there, Jay grabbed my hand as we walked around. The place was literally dead, with no one there. Just Jay and I, and I absolutely loved it.

"It's kinda sad." Jay said. It was so silent I could hear my heels click on the concrete.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him as he stopped.

"It's our last night in Singapore, I'm going to miss it so much." Jay says and lights turn on.

"What the fuck?" I ask while Jay gets down on one knee and a velvet box.

"I know we have only been dating for about eight months now but you make my life so beautiful and I couldn't see my self with anyone else. Will you marry me?" Jay smiles while he opens the Cartier box and looks back up to me.

"Of course!" I squealed, easy to say I've never been so happy. He gets up and puts the vintage styled ring on my finger. I smile brightly at Jay and I put my hands around his neck while his rest at my waist. Suddenly he kisses me and perfect
comes on over the speakers. "How long have you been planning this?" I said after we broke our kiss.

"About two days to be honest, didn't get the ring until today." He chuckled and we started swaying in the Singapore breeze while listening to the music.

"I love you so much Jay." I put my head on his shoulder and continued to just sway with the beat.

"I love you too Arden."

Back in Korea

"Do you know when the art work would come in?" I ask over the phone while typing an email. I look down at my ring I feel as if everything stops, I breathe in and somehow feel relaxed. Knowing I was moving in with Jay after work, and I would be finally getting a new car. Look at me being an adult.

"Yes, Loco needs his artwork by next week Tuesday for his single." I said putting the phone on my shoulder and continuing to write the email. I glanced at the time. How dare the clock be so slow. I just want to leave. Once I hung up the phone, I continued on emails until I picked up my bag and headed to Jay's office.

"Hi lovely." Jay greets not even looking up from his computer.

"Hello, are you almost finished with your work?" I sit across from him and mess with my ring.

"Yeah, could I get like thirty minutes. You can stay or leave, I just need to get this done super quick." Jay says continuing to type. I nod in response and start texting friends while waiting for him to finish. Jay gets up and puts on his over coat before saying, "I'm ready, let's go." He grabs my hand and leads me out of the office building. "Do you wanna pick up your car now?"

I nod with excitement and smile, Jay giggles at my emotions. I had to transfer a bunch of stuff to Korea to get a license and the brand new Mercedes Benz g class, and I am so happy the process is over. Jay and I walk to the dealer before picking up the car and driving to my apartment that was filled with moving boxes. I am so happy to move in with Jay because I was basically living with him and every now and then I would go to my tiny apartment.

"Is that everything?" Jay asked loading the last few boxes in to the car.

"We have everything, but let me double check." It wasn't like a had a lot, most of my stuff was at Jay's already. It was just a few of little things, and sold all my furniture within two weeks I've been back from Singapore. I walked back down to my new car, jumping into the drivers seat and headed to Jay's penthouse in Gangnam. I stop at a stoplight and look over to Jay smiling at his phone.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask.

"It's nothing just dumb instagram videos."

"Ahh." I turned the corner and parked in the parking deck, right next to Jay's Bentley. We both grabbed boxes and headed to his penthouse. "Okay that stuff can go into the bathroom." I ordered pointing to the box Jay was holding. I started putting my clothes into a closet room that Jay made out of an extra bedroom he had. I went to the bathroom to see if Jay had made any progress and I saw him in the kitchen making dinner. I went up to him and hugged him from his side.

"Are you done packing?" He asks smiling.

"Yeah, I mean I have one more box and that's like little things."

"I need to go to the grocery store, what kind of pasta do you want?" He asked grabbing his keys.

"Spaghetti noodles please." I smiled and kissed him on the cheek before he left. I sat alone until he texted me.

From Jay: what kind? The red box or blue?

To Jay: doesn't matter as long as it's spaghetti!

From Jay: okay, got the blue box. Heading home now, be there in like 20 mins

I waited and waited. It was almost three hours later before I got a call.