Lennie the Lion

Tae looks like this but six years old.

They were on a vacation at the beach.                                                                                                         Platonic Vmon

Six year old Taehyung was bouncing along excitedly as Namjoon took him to a cute little souvenir shop by the beach. "Pick any toy you want. I'm going to go ask the nice lady something for a minute, okay? I'll be right back"

Taehyung nodded quickly and turned to look around at all the toys. There were so many. He tried finding a plushie or something he could snuggle during car rides, hopefully one of a tiger, or a lion, or any big cat really, there were so many to choose from.

Anyone who knew Tae knew how much he loved animals, especially wild cats. Taehyung looked in every bin there was but there wasn't a single plushie he wanted. All he saw were teddy bears and he didn't want a teddy bear, he wanted a lion or a tiger. He sighed softly, closed his eyes and looked up at the ceiling mentally begging for there to be at least one lion or tiger plushie, please, please, please.

When he opened his eyes again he noticed a small box of... plushies on the top shelf! Taehyung gasped in excitement then frowned when he noticed how high the shelf was.

He looked around for something to stand on and found a little stool by a bookshelf. He went and brought it over, placing it right under the box of plushies, he got on and tiptoed as much as he could to reach it, but it still wasn't enough. Taehyung puffed his cheeks out in annoyance and looked around again. Namjoon still wasn't here so he had to look for something else to get him up there.

He walked away from the shelf and looked around. What could he use to reach that box? Tapping his little foot against the wooden floor, he slightly bit his bottom lip as his eyes scanned his surroundings for something useful.

There. His eyes landed on the dictionaries and huge textbooks stacked up against the wall by one of the bookshelves. They seemed big enough and it looked like there were a lot of them.

He nodded to himself and walked over to the huge stack of books, he tried taking three at a time but ended up just taking one. One by one he stacked the books up on the stool stepping back to look at the stack before going back to the bookshelf to get more books until he was satisfied with it.

Taehyung walked back and looked at the stack of books one last time before finally deciding it was good enough.

Stepping up the stool ladder he placed his hand on one of the shelves and steadily began to climb up his huge stack of books. He struggled to let go of the shelf, his hands shaking in fear of falling down, but slowly he did it, and held on to the next shelf. Carefully like a professional mountain climber he put his foot on one of the smaller corners of a book and lifted himself up, slightly straining to reach the next shelf with his short arms.

Taehyung never once broke his concentration. His plushie was there alright. He could tell.

Finally putting his foot on the last book he tried to straighten himself a little, when the whole stack started to wobble slightly. He froze keeping one hand on the shelf and another in the air trying to balance himself out.

A few agonizingly long seconds later Taehyung finally got the stack to stop wobbling and he looked up at the box of plushies again. It was so close, all he had to do was reach out his hand a little to take the box out and get his plushie. But... Taehyung looked down cautiously at the huge stack of books he was currently standing on and wondered how he was going to get the box without toppling the whole thing over and more importantly, how was he going to get down once he got it. It was a pretty big box.