C-137 {1}

Let's start with a good old C-137 fluff!

Theme: Depression, self-harm

!TRIGGER WARNING!

Total word count: 666 (I SWEAR I DIDN'T EVEN TRY-)

~~~~~

I can't do anything right. 

Stupid. 

Useless.

Replaceable.

Those were the only things running through your mind as you sat in the corner of your room with tears streaming down your face. You and Rick have been neighbors, as well as fairly close friends for about a couple of years now. He was relatively nice to you, nicer than he is to everyone and everything else, yet when going on an adventure to get an element backfired, he turned on you and yelled at you because he couldn't bring himself to accept that he was the one to blame.

The words going through your head reverberated off the walls of your skull and bounced right back. It was like your brain was a magnet for those words Rick spoke. The words riddled with burps and stutters. The words that cut you deeper than a knife. You had a pretty large crush on Rick, you'd do anything just to ensure his happiness, so hearing those words come from him only made it hurt more.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when you felt blood drip onto your leg. With the way you were sitting, it wasn't surprising to feel the blood come from your wrists and onto your leg. You glanced at your cut up wrist, then to the knife in your other hand, then back at your wrist with blurred vision. When you relived the memories of what happened earlier, your conclusion was that you did nothing but anger him, that you were just a waste of space to him, and that thought only broke you more. If he's happier without you, then...

You saw a flash of green light up your room and you heard the all too familiar whirring of the portal. You didn't bring your head up from your knees, continuing to sob as you let your bloodied arms lay limp next to you. You looked up to see a silhouette of who you're assuming is Rick with the spiked hair and lab coat, and when the portal behind him popped and your eyes adjusted to the darkness, you saw nothing but shock and pain in his expression. His thin and tall figure stood stiffly at the other side of the room as he watched the blood start to form a puddle underneath you.

"Y-Y/N...?"

His voice cracked, which was something you never heard from him, you haven't seen him in this much distress since Bird Person was shot. you manage to choke out a "wh-what do you want?" through your sobs and all Rick did, was walk towards you slowly before kneeling in front of you, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"I was hoping I wasn't too late... Y/N, I... I'm sorry for snapping earlier... I really am... Please, don't do this... Okay...?" Rick's voice was surprisingly soothing, and the lack of burps showed he was completely sober, which was also a first. It sent you into a flurry of mixed emotions, and you didn't know what was the truth and what was a lie. What was real and what wasn't.

He wrapped his arms around your frail, shaking form and you didn't hesitate to hug him back. You sobbed into the hem of his lab coat as he rubbed your back, whispering sweet nothings into your ear. Things like "you're gonna be okay" and "it's okay to cry, crying helps calm you down" and "I'm here now, you're okay".

After a few moments, you managed to calm down, the blood on your wrists clotting and drying up while Rick held onto you as if he might never let go. You didn't want to move. You had completely melted into his touch. You felt your eyelids grow heavy as you were completely relaxed against his body. You were about to drift off into unconsciousness when Rick's soft, yet still gruff voice broke the silence.

"I love you, Y/N..."

A soft smile tugged at your lips as you fell asleep in his arms, but not before responding to his words.

"I love you, too..."

Rick x Reader One Shots {REQUESTS CLOSED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें