~twenty-seven~

"You're such a pathetic brat." Ciel commented, a disgusted, repulsive look on his face as he laid the barrel of his gun to rest on the boy's forehead. All Alois could do was stare up at the gun, hoping for some sort of savior to come to his rescue. And with Claude too busy fighting over the dead bodies of the rest of his servants, escaping this scenario seemed unlikely.

"P-Please, Ciel. I don't want t-to die." He choked out, tears streaming down his face.

"You made your choice a long time ago by putting your ugly, vermin hands on (Y/n)." He said, the sound of the gun cocking haunting your ears. You looked down at your clothing, reminding yourself of the blond's attack from the rips and tears in your dress. You looked back up at the two in front of you, concerned over how this was going to end, but relieved that Alois was getting what he deserved.

"No, no.. You've got it all wrong! I-I didn't do anything like that—!"

Ciel lifted the gun up into the air and let off a gunshot, causing the boy to scream in terror, as well as making you instinctively cover up your ears. Ciel lowered the gun, now against Alois's chest.

"What an idiot." Ciel repulsed, making Alois grow silent.

"At least I was honest with her." Alois said, looking over to you. You averted eye contact, not wanting to feel mixed emotions about either of the boys.

In a way, Alois was right. He did treat you with respect, and usually told you what was on his mind, even when it scared you. Ciel was always so reclusive and kept to himself most of the time. Truthfully, you couldn't blame either of them. Their behavior was a way for them to recover from their dark pasts. Each of them were different, but it didn't mean that one of them was more in the wrong than the other.

"You love me, right?"

Alois's desperate question snapped you back into reality. You looked at him sorrowfully. His childhood was justifiably horrible if everything he had said was true, but he had no excuse for what he did.

"I enjoyed your company when you were acting sane." You admitted, causing the boy's body to slump in defeat, "But when you went crazy, I can't say that I didn't want karma to hit you back."

The boy held up his hands to Ciel and began to slowly rise to his feet. Ciel eyed him suspiciously, but did not fire.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry for how I treated you. You deserve someone better than me."

But then, he pointed his finger at Ciel and gave you a harsh look.

"But he doesn't deserve you either." He stated, causing Ciel's face to scrunch up in anger. You could see the glint in his eye, which gave you the vibe that something bad was about to happen.

"Maybe you're right." Ciel admitted. Alois turned towards him, surprised by his answer. Though adding himself into the conversation, the grip on his gun did not falter.

"I don't deserve her." Ciel reiterated, "She's so much better than me in every way. I could never even think to be as wonderful as she is."

Ciel looked over at you, a loving look in his eye.

"But, if she feels happy with me, even though I am no where near her standards," He looked back over at Alois, a mockingly oblivious look on his face. He shrugged, "Then who am I to say 'no'? I suppose it's selfish, but I'm just too stubborn to let her go that easily."

You felt very happy to hear Ciel's encouraging words. After you had left him, he still cared for you. Alois turned back to Ciel. He was beginning to become drowsy from his body's blood loss, as evident by his stumbling and difficulty in standing up.