sneak peak

After another shitty day of dealing with mindless idiots, I reached in my back pocket for my stress reliever - a cigarette.

Yeah, yeah I know, "cigarettes are bad for you" , "you can develop lung cancer", I've honestly heard it all before. But i could really give less than half of a shit.

I have nothing else and no one else to calm me down after a long day's work so the bitter nicotine laced stick will have to do.

I hummed in satisfaction as I took the first drag from my cig, exhaling the smoke deeply as I walked the cold streets of New York on my way home.

Since it's a Friday, I might as well hit the bar and pick up some desperate chick to ease my nerves and honestly because I just need a quick fück.

The neon lighted letters across the front of the bar, that spell out "Nitecap", flash in my eyes as I head towards the entrance.

As I take another drag of my cigarette and exhale the sweet puff of smoke through my nose, I smirk at the irony of the name.

Someone passing by me looks down and points at my boot.

"Hey man, you've got gum on the back of your shoe."

Not knowing if he's trying to pull a joke or not I look up and glare at him. He pulls a frightened look and scurries away. I don't have time for bullshït. Not after the day I've had.

Looking down at my brown worn out boots, I see I actually do have gum on the back.

"Oh for fück's sake." I muttered to myself.

I reach down to peel it off, and then fling it behind me, almost hitting a old woman in the back of the head. I could care less.

As I stand back up I survey the club from the outside before heading in. But while I'm searching for my prey, my eyes land on the most enticingly sexy and shockingly beautiful woman I've ever seen, sitting at the bar.

My breathing hitches whilst my eyes widen and my jaw drops slightly, the cig dropping from my lips.

I don't know what bothers me more right now:

The fact that just from one glance, this woman has my heart beating a mile a minute, or the fact that I barely noticed or missed the absence of nicotine.
———————————————————————————

woohoo sneak peak is up!! just thought I'd give you guys a little taste of what's to come. The real first chapter is next up and will be more descriptive I promise. Let me know if you like this and comment what you think :)

xoxo, gossip girl 😚