prologue

a long time ago, a woman was so beautiful, she was often compared to the moon goddess, eva.

she was adorned with gifts and riches, and men from various regions travelled onto the oceans to take a glimpse of her, whose rumors of outstanding beauty have reached all the continents.

spoiled by the wealth and the gifts she had continuously recieved, the young woman's arrogance took over her.

for the once reserved and innocent girl turned into a distasteful and boastful woman.

blinded with her beauty, men still praised her despite the behavior she has shown, and with that, she took advantage of it and lived lavishly.

as her 18th birthday was nearing, men from all over the world have gathered once again to her now enormous home, with the hopes in taking her hand in marriage.

the men were too focused on giving her the best gifts, the rarest diamonds, their biggest animals, their enormous lands, but they barely could give a crop or an animal to the moon goddess, which angered her.

on the night of her birthday, the moon goddess appeared to her as a young man with ragged clothes and a face the polar opposite of the woman facing him. the man offered her a sack of crops, stating that it was the only thing it had to offer.

the woman took the sack but acted differently towards the man compared to the men that came before him. he wasn't given the occasional hug, or even the usual handshake.

so, the man which the moon goddess appeared in, knelt on one knee and reached out his hand, in the hopes of recieving hers to kiss it as a sign of respect.

" i do not dare touch those filthy and poor hands of yours, looking at your face had already cost me some trouble. remember im not the lowly moon goddess who is satisfied with only just crops. "

enraged by the response the woman made, the moon goddess transformed to her original form, her beauty incomparable to humans, even to her.

" i am eva, and you must bow down before me. "

everyone trembled, aware of the lack of the attention they had been giving the goddess , and then they all bowed down, except for her.

" you dare not bow down before the moon goddess? "

" i'm not a goddess, but i have men, they treat me better than they do to you. so i dare not bow down before someone lower than me. " fear was all he young woman felt, but it didnt stop her from being the prideful person that she is

sunrise was near and the moon goddess will be gone by then, unable to continue her plans she then said

" in your next life, you will be born on the 99th eclipse after today, and you will be the most beautiful woman on earth, but you will be stolen of the right to be touched, for if one touches you, they lose their sense of sight, unable to see the beauty you radiate, making it completely useless. "

" the curse will only break on the 100th eclipse if you —

i woke up, and i had this dream again.

no matter how much i dream of it, it always stops in that part.

after years of not realizing, i finally knew.

i am emerald chou, the cursed girl.

a/n
i just thought of this story today im hyped!! i have no internet and i could not search for the time gaps these astronomical events happen so i just bs them lolololol

art on cover is by mayumi konno (saw it on google and i think i have to credit it)

i dont know who to ship her with yet, but could you suggest someone who is lively, hyper (perhaps), sweet, and caring!

/ june 9,2018. 10:26 pm /