Winter and Races

Omg it killed me to write this chapter because of how fluffy it was! In case you were wondering I am not a fluffy person. I am just stating facts. Also I like to say that I will be updating this story every Tuesday night unless something comes up!

Thank you to all who reviewed, read, followed or favorited the last chapter! Any who enjoy the chapter!

I do not own the How to Train Your Dragon francize, even though I would like to, it belongs to its respective owners.

Chapter 1: Winter and Races

250 years later…

It was mid-winter on the island of Pulchrior, and the snow was in full swing. A blizzard had engulfed the island in the middle of the night creating a frozen wasteland. As the sun peaked over the horizon its rays hit the sparkling ice shards hanging from trees and cave entrances. In a cave on the north side of the island, in Tenebrarum territory, laid a lone cave at the top of the mountain. In it lay a sleeping black Night Fury, curled protectively around her egg as if it were a lifeline. As the sun’s rays reached the cave entrance the Night Fury let out a frustrated groan before turning her head in the opposite direction. Unknown to her, another Night Fury as black as midnight strolled into the cave his bright green eyes full of happiness as he made his way over.

“Good morning, my sleeping dragoness.” He purred nuzzling her head. The female did not respond and instead buried her head in her large wings. “Oh come on Elle, let’s not do this again! The egg will be fine if you leave them for a bit.”

This did nothing to relax of cocks the Night Fury now identified as Elle buried her head even deeper in her wings.

“Go away.” She mumbled through her wings annoyed with the other Night Fury’s antics. The male Night Fury only smirked slyly.

“Well I guess you give me no choice.” He announced before running over to her a licking the still visible part of her head, which was her ears.

“Stop Nova!” Ella cooed playfully, this only seemed to increase his attempts, “Fine, oh fine I am up!”

Ella opened her eyes revealing two hidden beautiful Safire gems. Yawning lazily she stood up uncurling herself from her precious egg. The egg itself was a purple color, the kind of purple you would see at sunset before the world fell into darkness. Cat walking to the entrance of the cave she looked out into the snowy wonderland. From where she was she could see some Night Furies melting the snow with their plasma that was covering their dens. Nova came up behind her nudging her gently.

“It was a big storm.” He spoke as if it was a mere scratch on a hatchling’s paw, but Elle knew better. The storm probably took a huge hit on their food supply. Since it was so cold the fish would swim into deeper waters to escape the temperatures, making it impossible to find even the smallest fish. Since fish weren’t exactly savable we would have to survive with what we had left in our stomach for the days to come.

“It’s ok my love.” Elle spoke smoothly, “We are a tough race it will take more than a blizzard to penetrate our skin.”

“And that is why I love you.” Nova chuckled nuzzling her, and Elle nuzzled him back before licking him on the cheek, before leaning against him.

“Hey bet I can get to the Great Tree faster than you!” Elle challenged pulling away.

“Oh you’re on!” He responded back with a devious look on his face.

 Ok then, on the count of three.” Elle said getting into a posing position. “One… Two-“

And with that she flew off at the speed of sound toward the tree.

“So that’s how you want to play it?” Nova whispered to himself before taking off.

Nova flew in a blur across the valley, in fact if it weren’t for the shadow that followed behind him on the ground you wouldn’t have ever guessed that the wind that rushed against you was in face him. Speeding he tried catching up to Elle for all he was worth and he was gaining. Elle looked back at her follower and made a sharp turn near the mountain side, her wing cutting into the snow caused a fog in her wake. Nova knew better and used his echo location to navigate through the fog. Once he reached the other side he was even closer to Elle then before. Playing around he let loose a plasma blast at the peak into the valley, causing a clump of snow to fall on her head. Needless to say she wasn’t amused and quickly shook it off before giving a glare back expecting to see her smirking opponent, but only to be met with thin air. That was before she heard a cooing beside her. Looking over she saw Nova looked at her with a face that clearly read ‘I am just that cool,’ before tackling her mid-flight into the side of the mountain. This caused but of them to tumble down like a big rolling snowball. Once they reached the bottom Nova had Elle pinned down and smiled smugly before saying.

“I win!”

Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors again! Don’t forget to review! Till next time!

-InfiniteHeart13 out