|Three|

On Monday, I went into the firm feeling like I constantly had to keep looking over my shoulder. I wanted to enjoy this neighborhood, especially since I had always wanted to live in Brooklyn when I had to chance, but that complete stranger was ruining it for me entirely.

I sat down at the desk, turning on the computer and the copier and making sure to refill the candy jar for the clients — and Liam, Niall, and Cody.

I began putting the files away that I had brought home over the weekend, keeping the important ones out to give to Liam when he arrived. I still felt on edge, even though I was in the safety of the firm, but it wouldn't surprise me if that fûcking creeper walked past the window at any moment since he seems to pop out of nowhere all the time.

The door opened and I flinched slightly, sighing in relief when it was only Niall. "Good morning, Niall."

He looked over and smiled at me. "Good morning, Mimi, how was your weekend?"

"It was alright," I shrugged. "Nothing too exciting." Not really exciting, more like terrifying. "What about you?"

"Eh, 'bout the same." He said. "My girlfriend wanted me to attend her yoga class to see if it would help me relax or something."

"And how'd that go?" I said, holding back a laugh.

He shook his head with an eye roll. "I'm never doing yoga again. Lets leave it at that."

I nodded, and the door opened again, Liam walking in this time. "Good morning, you two. Niall, you're here early."

"I was running some errands and finished sooner than I expected," he said. "I hope that doesn't screw up your schedule, Payno."

Liam chuckled and said, "No, it's fine, here, let's talk in my office."

Niall nodded goodbye to me, and Liam walked over to the counter in front of me and said, "Hey, Amelia, can you print off the Carleton case for me? I'd like to take a look at that sometime this morning."

"Of course." I said, and began pulling it up on the computer.

"Thanks, I'm going to speak to Niall first so I'm not in a hurry."

I nodded and left the tab open to come back to while I did the other paperwork I had left to finish. The morning went by fairly fast, and it wasn't long before it was almost lunchtime. I printed off Liam's case files and walked them into his office, knocking politely on the door and interrupting his and Niall's discussion.

"Oh, thanks, Amelia," Liam said, taking the files from me. "Also, I need you to run an errand while you're out for lunch, if that's alright?"

"Of course, what do you need?"

"A few pints." Niall said, and Liam rolled his eyes.

"I need you to mail some letters, and pick up some supplies," he said, handing me a note pad slip. "I have a list of things I need, but if there's anything else at the front desk that you're running out of, you can jot that down as well."

I nodded and left his office, grabbing my purse and heading out to grab a bite to eat. I knew there was a smaller post office a couple blocks away by a small Chinese restaurant I could grab some takeout from. The only thing I didn't like about living in Brooklyn was that I didn't know anyone, except my coworkers. A lot of my friends were either in New Jersey or Manhattan, so they weren't really that close to go to lunch or hang out with after work.

I stopped at the post office first, and then to lunch. I felt a little out of place, since most of the people in the restaurant were dressed very casually and I was in my work attire. I ordered my food to go, so I could sit outside in the nice weather.