~Chapter 1~

{Hey dearies, I hope you all are doing fine! The kind of response you all showed on prologue was too overwhelming! Thank you so much <3

_____________________________________

Flashback:-

"Dhruv man, I think I have had enough!", Manik sighed in frustration, sitting with Dhruv in the hotel bar. The seminar they where attending is soon to be over and his presentation was something he could recite in his sleep also. He was not bothered about it, he was frustrated for some other reason and looked up at his best friend for some help

"Buddy, just tell her that you like her! " Dhruv encouraged him, who was too scared to admit his feeling for Alya.

"Dhruv try to understand bro! Alia's father is a typical Indian, they would definitely want a Hindu guy for Alia. And look at me, I'm not even a proper Indian, I am a half breed; Indo-American " Manik tried to reason, but Dhruv laughed it off.

"Omg, you're so into this DNA crap Manik! Jeez man!! I think she loves you and not just white part of your genetic makeup.", Manik pondered over what he said, just to end up getting a headache due to overthinking.

He was bought up in an American household with his cousins. His father was very reserved, he used to watch him and his mother just love each other and when they were upset they used to fight with each other in their native language, and always the other person was at loss of words because apparently, they couldn't understand a word the other said! They both usually ended up saying the same thing,  'I love her/him but she/he doesn't seem to understand only.' Both were from different countries, their culture was way too diverse. Ranvijay Malhotra, his dad, had gone to America on a work Visa where he fell in love with Sophia Dsouza, an employee under him. But as they say, love isn't like walking on a bed of roses, he had to make a big sacrifice! He was already engaged to Nivedita Das in India, someone he knew all his life and then there was Sophia, a woman he was first physically attracted too, but now had strong feelings in his heart for her! Eventually, he confessed to Sophia, who reverted positively, without knowing its consequences and then one thing lead to another! Within a year Sophia conceived. That changed everything, Ranvijay had to choose between Nivedita and Sophia. Manik always felt his dad gave up a lot for his sake, but then there were times where he saw the love in his eyes for Sophia and then when he got a call from India he saw regret for what he had done! His family members never spoken to him after he told them about Sophia and him. Ranvijay was disowned by his family and shut out by everyone! Occasionally his sister would call and he would tear up, while Sophia would just comfort him. She felt that he had given her everything and endured all the pain just because of her, for which she blamed herself and it put a strain in their marriage when she distanced herself from him. Ranvijay would feel rejected and it turned both of them but after Sophia passed away, he changed, a void had been created inside him... like she took a part of him with her! Cancer had not just taken her away from them but taken something away from both of them..!! Ranvijay would call and Manik went to see him but it was like he distanced himself from Manik somewhat and he didn't understand why.

"Manik look you are thinking too much buddy! She likes you dude, man up and confess! She's in India right?!" Dhruv asked bringing him back to reality.

"Yeah, her father will find a suitable groom for her and she'll get married... And then all 'like' will go into garbage bin!" Dhruv looked at him shaking his head in disbelief.

"Look buddy forget her.....in fact forget everything for now! Let's just have some fun, loosen up a bit dude!" Dhruv suggested, as a try to bring him back from depression.

"What you talking about? “Manik looked at him confused as to what he was trying to suggest.

"I've got it all covered, thank me tomorrow evening when we leave, now get up and go to your room. You'll get Dhruv's special surprise, at 8 p.m.!" With that Dhruv literally dragged Manik with him, having a mischievous glint in his eyes.