[12]: Zero-Sum Game

10/31/18 - 10k. Thank you! Read till the authors note for a funny little read about Rami from his yearbook!

12/10/18 - 13k! Thanks

CHAPTER TWELVE: ZERO-SUM GAME

"Are you okay, Mal?"

His light green eyes focused on the dark brown eyes of the slightly shorter blonde-haired woman, desperation underlying in his voice, the back of his neck glossy with fresh sweat as the nerves begun to flood into his system.

Elliot Alderson came to a few realizations in the nighttime, awake from the thumping in his chest. He possibly, maybe, liked being around Malena Ström. He hated himself for discovering this fact when his girlfriend remained kidnapped by a dangerous drug dealer. A drug dealer, Shayla found in attempt to satisfy his heavy opioid addiction. The psychotic drug dealer whose incarceration Elliot caused. He hated to admit it, even to himself, or his imaginary friend, but he liked Malena Ström. Fuck. He could not even try to answer why. He found her very annoying and her friendship with Tyrell Wellick still agrivated him. Or maybe he didn't care at all, maybe he just didn't want her to die. That must've been it, confused emotions.

This morning after his sort-of breakfast with Shayla, Elliot discovered to his annoyance the strength of his tolerance toward Malena. Sitting outside on his stairs, she had been in a horrible mood, on the midst of throwing a tantrum, due to an argument she had in the morning. An intense unresolved quarrel with Finnegan regarding her appearance; culminating in Malena making the irrational choice to dump him. He wondered why something so insignificant mattered so much to her. Then remembered the difficulty he faced adhering to Allsafe's dress code.

This argument must have resulted in a black newsboy cap that shielded her hair. Only a few short strands of hair fell from beneath the black cap. When she tilted her head upwards, the evidence of the severity of the fight remained on her face. Her brown eyes were noticeably puffy. Her nose a faint red color. Her face paler than usual.

He unlocked the entry, standing aside slightly as to allow her to walk inside first. Behind them, DJ and Isaac kept spewing vicious insults about her boyish nature. This in spite of her feminine clothing; short black leather skirt, grey pullover and a pair of matching heels. It reached the point where she decided to threatened them to stop. Obviously, they did not. At that point, he just wanted her to go home.

Vera may be out of his mind, but yes, it is possible to hack into a prison's network. Most of them use regular control systems.

The gangsters kept berating the young girl with derogatory slurs that swiftly transitioned to sexual harassment. Elliot anxiously looked to his colleague. Her eyes were veiled. He could only hope she wasn't emotional. Again, his mind raced with thoughts that hoped she would just storm out. She wasn't useful anymore. But as he heard the click of the door unlocking, he entered behind her, nervously.