Chapter 2

Hey there!! Author's note at Bottom!! PLEASE READ!! :D And ENJOY!!

Chapter 2

I stood in front a tall dirty building holding Ms. Jennifer's hand. That's what she told me to call her at the station last night.

She bent next to me. "Ready Shay?" She asked looking in my eyes. She didn't look happy.

"No. Can I stay with you?" I asked.

"Shay, I told you already. This is your new home. You'll have tons of fun, and I will come visit."

"Pinky promise." I suck out my pinky.

She laughed and smiled.

"Pinky promise." She hooked her pinky with mine, just like Mommy has done.

But Mommy broke her promise? Didn't she?

Ms. Jennifer knocked on the door and a big lady answered, with gray hair.

"Hello. How my I help you?" she smiled.

"I am Jennifer Collins from the Police Station."

"Oh, come on in." She opened the door for us. I came in. Ginger came behind me.

"A dog?" The lady asked.

"Her name is Ginger, mine is Shay." I said quietly.

"Well Shay, why don't you go play out back. I would like to talk to Jennifer alone" said the lady.

I didn't move.

"Go on Shay. I will come say goodbye" Jennifer said.

I turned and walked down the hall with Ginger.

"You have a dog?" someone asked.

I looked around.

"Over here." Said the voice.

I looked up. There were stairs. There was a girl on top of them. She was really tall. She has straight brown hair.

"My name is Ayisha" The girl said.

"Shay. And this is Ginger" I pointed at Ginger.

"You can't keep a dog."

"Why not? Ginger is mine."

"Well, Ms. Molly won't allow it."

"Who's Ms. Molly?"

"The owner of the Orphanage, she eats a lot!" Ayisha said really loudly.

That made me laugh. Ayisha came down the stair case.

"Can I pet him?"

"Sure." I nodded.

Ayisha bent down and pet Ginger.

"Ayisha!" Yelled someone behind us.

"Ms. Molly." She whispered.

"Why don't you show Shay her room? She will be with you." Ms. Molly said.

Ayisha nodded and took my hand. She pulled me up the stairs.

When we got to a door, Ayisha pushed it open. A bunch of big girl beds were lined up against the wall.

"This is where we sleep?" I whispered.

"Yep! Kelly just got adopted so you get to sleep next to me!" Ayisha said very loudly again.

A-dotted?

"What's a-dotted?" I asked. Ginger nudged my foot.

"Adopted, silly. It's where a mommy and a daddy come to buy us. Then, they become our new mommy and daddy" She said and smiled.