Background

Olivia (Liv):

Olivia, her name meant symbol of peace, and thats what she was. From the begining Olivia was the peacemaker, before she was born her parents were going through a lot and arguing all the time but once her mom got pregnant they got their shit together to be parents. Things were going great until it was coming up on Olivia's 15th birthday, in fact, her birthday was the next day. The whole family was sitting in their living room watching tv when they heard someone come in the front door and enter the room. Her parents stood up to protect her from a man that was unknown to her, the man took a quick look at her before pulling out a gun and shooting her parents point blank. The man ran out of the house leaving Olivia with her now dead parents. Now sobbing, she called the police and explained to them what had happened. Within 10 minutes the police had showed up and began questioning her about the man she saw. It turned out that she had no other family members that could take her in but instead of going to an orphanage or to a foster family the police officer recommended her to go and get emancipated so she could live on her own. She learned that the police officer's name was Chris, he even offered to take her and to pay for a small house until she was able to pay for it herself. Chris payed for her house for about a year when she got a steady job and was now 17. They still communicated and he was like a dad to her.

Asher (Ash):

Unlike Olivia, Asher has had an okay life. His parents got divorced when he was young but he was still able to visit both of them without there being any problems. That was on his side though, he couldn't say the same for his mother. After Asher had grown up to be around 14, he realized how much of an alcoholic she was. She'd wake up at 10am and already have vodka and orange juice. It just got worse as he got older, he's have to take care of her and help pay bills. At the age of 15 Asher was working two jobs in order to keep their small studio apartment and to keep food in the house. While Asher was at his dad's house, it was the complete opposite. His dad had a great life sorted out with his new family and still loved Asher the same as his new ones. His dad spoiled him and gave him what he wanted. Asher still learned what it was like to have everything taken away from you when he came home to find his mother passed out on the floor, not waking up. When he called the police, they confirmed that she had died from alcohol poisoning. But Asher didn't cry, he just felt numb, there was never a big connection with his mom. If anything, there was a weight lifted off his shoulders. He knew he should feel bad but it got tiring having to be a parent to your alocoholic mother. The one who should be taking care of you. Asher had to move in with his dad and his new family until he was 17 and was old enough to move out and get his own apartment.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Let me know what you think in the comments and vote so I know to keep writing!!