Burning The Nest

Glad by the recent turn of events, you and the Winchester boys advance on the old disgustingly rundown building.

You give it a once over; broken windows that had all been boarded up, roof tiles flaking off, paint job hasn't been redone in half a century ... you nod. Who else but a nest of fangs, unable to feel the cold to bum in a joint like this?You, Dean and Sam Winchester get to the only front door, a massive hardwood plank that had been averted into becoming a door. Trying the knob under your hand - quietly - you find it to be locked.

Ironically.

"Sammy," Dean stage whispers, like its a ritual to say his name like that when doors are locked.

Sam nods, and from his jacket produces an array of lock picks. You watch, curious, as he slowly slides the metal in and jiggle softly until you all hear the familiar click of a door opening.

You girl the small, narrow hilt of your long knife and gesture to the boys to open the door, and as they do so, a small breeze comes in, fluttering your (h/l) (h/c) hair into your face anti-climatically, ruining the moment a little.

"Honey," Dean stage whispers as he entered the run down house, "I'm home."

You give a small exhale as a substitute for a laugh and follow in behind Dean, with Sam following behind you.

Your eyes adjust to the old house's light not immediately, but in the semi-darkness, you find yourself in a hallway, a long one, with lots of doors coming off the sides.

"_____," Dean breathes, "check out the rooms."

You nod, glad someone had a plan.

With all the lore on vampires, there was only about two perfect that was true. For one, they had more than just two fangs; they had a whole mouth of them. And they could walk over bridges, and who didn't hate garlic - especially on someone's breath? They couldn't turn into bats, and - you poke your head into the first room; nothing there - mirrors did squat to a fang.

You carefully look into a room to your right, and see no signs of recent habitation bar a broken bottle of whiskey splashed over the floor. Advancing, you put your shoe toward the stain on the floor and hear a small squelch. Fresh.

Boys would be interested in that, maybe.

There wasn't any hints as to kill a fang in the lore found in popular culture - but you knew it. After spending a month up with Bobby, learning the ropes to hunting, you knew.

Dead man's blood, like venom to them. And to kill a vampire: beheading. Hence the large knives.

You catch up with the Winchester's, and find them at the end of the large hallway, where it turns into a large room. Most likely, you deduce from the floor plan of the place, a lounge room, rumpus room, maybe.

You watch as Sam takes a deep breath. And Dean as well. Taking the hint, you do so as well, and use the lungs in your chest to your advantage. As you open your eyes, you see Dean holding his fingers up, counting down from three like rookie soldiers in military movies do. Three. Two. Go.

You all make a move for the room, and not shocked at all, you find it swarming with fangs. Your breath catches in your throat. In the entire room is a gathering of more vamps than you had ever seen in your life, and you had seen - and killed - plenty. About fifteen vampires lay sleeping in various places deemed good enough to sleep in - two lay side by side in a soda bed, four slept in hammocks, hanging from the roof, a few - maybe four, five, maybe seven, even? - on sleep mats and two in the window seat, spooning by the tarpaulin over the boarded up window, snoring like little cartoon characters.

You look to the brothers.

Sam looked to Dean, and he made a head count and frowned. You saw he was in over his head. You all were.

But he gave to go ahead.

It happened all at once - Dean went to work, and as soon as the first head rolled, the covey of fangs woke, angry.

You'd be angry too if you found trespassers in your house bumping off your 'family', too.

"Hunters!" A skinny female African American vamp yelled, infuriated. You watched as she leapt toward you, eyes in fury, full set of fangs out, her face getting closer by the second -

And you, with a single stroke, finished her.

The rest of the raid was a blur, all until it was decided frugal to burn the place down.

"So it isn't a welcome invitation to all the monsters out there for a summer home," Dean laughed. You helped Sam drain kerosine and petrol tins over the place, and as you saw Dean laugh, you couldn't help but see it to be maniacal, maybe. You all had blood spatters on your faces and it brought a new look to you.

Insane, maybe.

"Torch it," Sam sighed, and you struck a match.

"With pleasure."

The small flaming twig fell into the line of flammable liquid, and you and the boys turned away from the building as it nearly boomed with heat.

"Nice working with you, boys," you grin at the Winchester brothers. "See you around."