Strawberries

Jane Hopper, at age 17,  had limited experience with relationships and things of that sort.

Her father had always been strict and didn't allow her to date.

She had her small group of friends which consisted of Max Mayfield, her best friend since kindergarten. Lucas Sinclair, Max's boyfriend. Dustin Henderson, the pudding loving class clown. Will Byers, Jane's best friend, who just so happened to be gay, and she loved him unconditionally.

She loved all of them unconditionally, but she loved one in a way she didn't love the other. Mike Wheeler, even his name gave her butterflies, oh how she loved him. Of course she couldn't tell him though, he probably doesn't feel the same way.. how could he?

Jane didn't consider herself very pretty. She was short, for a girl her age she should be taller then 5'4ft. All the girls at her school were tall, and had long blonde hair. Jane's brown hair fell just above her shoulders and was almost always a mess a wild curls.

But today, Jane made an effort to look nice, Mike invited her over to study at his house. He said he needed help with his chemistry homework which confused Jane because Mike was always quite good at chemistry. Strange...

Well anyway, Jane was sitting on a bench outside the school when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and locked eyes with Mike, who had a big grin on his face

"Hey plain Jane" he said, he had called her that since they were little. She liked it.

"Hi Mike"

"You ready to come over?"

Jane nodded, she liked hanging out with mike. He made her feel happy.

As they walked, Mike grabbed Jane's hand and laced their fingers together. A light blush spread across Jane's face. She wasn't expecting that- but she definitely wasn't complaining.

"So you need help with Chemistry?" Jane asked "I thought you were good at chemistry"

"I am" Mike responded "but I just wanted an excuse to hang out with you, alone, without the others"

Jane suddenly felt nervous, why did mike want to hang out with her alone? She had butterflies in her stomach and her heart was racing.

Mike led her off into the woods, behind his house.

"I thought we were going inside?"

"Nope, my parents are there. I don't wanna hang around them"

"O-Ok"

There was a picnic blanket laid out in the middle of the small field. Mike guided her to it "take a seat, m'lady" he said, a lopsided smile on his face.

Jane curtsied but ended up tripping over her own feet.

She closed her eyes as she fell, waiting to hit the ground, but instead she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist.

Slowly she opened her eyes, batting her eyelashes slightly. Her eyes met Mike's beautiful brown ones.

"Be careful Jane. We wouldn't want you getting hurt" he said softly. He brought her up, not moving away from her, their faces were inches apart.

One of his hands trailed up her waist and cupped her cheek "have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"

She shook her head slightly, was this a dream?

"Well you're so beautiful" He rested his forehead on hers, staring deep into her eyes.

"Mike, I-" but she was cut off by his soft lips crashing into hers.

Her eyes fluttered shut.

Mike pulled her body closer to him, gripping tighter on her small waist.

Her arms found their way around his neck, her fingers weaved into his hair.

Their lips moved in sync, perfectly in sync, like a well rehearsed dance.

Mike pulled away for a second, only to look into her eyes before capturing her bottom lip between the two of his.

She gasps quietly, shocked at the new feeling, she had never kissed someone like this before.

Finally, mike's lips moved away from hers.

"You taste like strawberries" he whispered.

"S-Strawberry lipgloss" Jane whispered back, her face a shade of dark pink.

"I like it"

Mike's big eyes met hers "but I love you

Jane's breathing hitched.

He caressed her cheek, his thumb running over her cheekbone. "I'm in love with you, Jane Hopper"

"I-I'm in love with you too"

~~~
Hey:) sorry it took me sooo long to update. I just got out of school for the summer so expect more updates now!

-Claire