011

during the next weeks hyunjoo spent a lot of time at doctor kang's office, since there were less patients on the station now and hyunjoo was the only one on night shift.

doctor kang sangwoo was a bright and friendly person and hyunjoo actually liked him a lot, although it probably was only because he didn't ignore her.

meanwhile jaewon was closing up more and more again and rarely ever talked to hyunjoo, which should be assumed bad because hyunjoo was the only person he had ever talked to during the past seven years.

still she checked on him every night and didn't mind his quietness too much, she was too distracted and happy anyway.

when hyunjoo exchanged the pills on jaewon's nightstand, he softly tugged her sleeve. "joo, i miss you." if only she knew how much it took him to even speak those words...

"but i'm right here." she replied quite confused, but jaewon just shook his head and looked at her with wide eyes. "can you sit?"

as hyunjoo turned around to get a chair, he held her back again and asked with a trembling voice. "next to me?"

with a small sigh the nurse sat down next to jaewon on his hospital bed. "so?"

"w-when i left the hospital..." jaewon started; he had made his decision to just tell her the truth, since it was his last chance to get closer to anyone. "i wanted to go out like a normal person to buy a present, for you."

"for me?" whispered hyunjoo.

"but when i went outside, they found me." jaewon whispered back, tears glistening in the moonlight. "i feel save when i'm with you."

desperately hyunjoo looked at his tearstained face. "please don't cry."

jaewon didn't stop crying, she took his hand, which lead to him pulling her close. i might get fired for this. but she didn't mind as much as she was worried by jaewon's current state.

the fabric of her nurse uniform rustled as jaewon buried his face in the crook of her neck, while she softly rubbed circles over his back, breathing it's alright.

his body was so tiny hyunjoo could feel every single of his ribs, even count them if she wanted. she leaned her head against his, thinking about someone else. it's always more complicated than it seems on the surface.

they remained silent like this for while- until the door opened and revealed doctor kang. min hyunjoo had the choice between letting go and saving herself or hold on and save someone else.

she let go, but when her fingers brushed against jaewon's she pulled him close again and mouthed he will be better to the doctor, who then left the room with a smile.

this time the boy pushed her away softly. "everyone thinks i'm a monster." so he hung his head. "but that's not true, i have feelings too."

how could i have even dared to be so selfish... hyunjoo bit her lower lip painfully in order not to cry, but it didn't work out.

it took him a while, but then jaewon put his hand on top of her head and stroked her hair, hoping she wouldn't be grossed out by him.

and she wasn't; she was actually surprised on how clear his mind was that night.

-

(a/n) phew that was soft