The Final Walk

You and Hayes were entering your last week in high school together, and it would soon be time to graduate. You were also upon your sixth month of being together.

You were always someone who doubted yourself and others, to no fault of your own. Your whole life had been left behind, and told things that often tore your confidence to shreds, so it was nothing new for you to be feeling doubt all of a sudden with yourself. But you knew, with him next to you through grad, you didn't need to doubt too much.

You were set to graduate tonight, In the grandest of theatres in your small town. Getting ready to walk down the aisle and split apart, finding your seats, he came up to you and kissed you, smiling, "good luck!" he said. Kissing you once more before the piper started up. Before you knew it, you were throwing your caps into the air and had successfully finished high school.

He found you after the ceremony, after returning the gown. "We did it!" he whispered, pulling you in for a hug. you hugged him back and whispered the same right back to him.

"I love you," he said, holding you a little tighter than before. 

"I love you too." you said, burying your head into the crook of his neck, for one last time that night.

That was one more chapter closed.

__

Terrible last chapter, I know. I'm losing so much right now, and I'm so heartbroken that this has to be one more thing I'm losing. I love you all, and thank you so so incredibly much for giving me the 5 years I had to write, and love this book.

For one last time,

xoxo- V