Chapter 10

Chapter 10.

I felt my body go limp as he continued to stand over me.

This was it. This was really it- the end. I was going to die. I kept my eyes glued to the sky as my vision blurred with brimming tears. I bit the inside of my lip to keep it from trembling. 

"Let's go." My eyes jerked towards his voice and met with his gaze. I didn't move. I locked my eyes on his and didn't move an inch. Even in the darkness I could see his lips purse into a thin line. My hand was still cradled against my chest.  He leaned towards me. I flinched. He exhaled loudly.

"Claire, we have to go. You need medical attention. I'm not going to hurt you." He said in that low voice of his. I gritted my teeth.

"Just rape me and get this over with." I snarled, tears beginning to overflow.  His eyes seemed to flash with anger and he was taken aback.

"I don't rape women." He said between his clenched teeth. I still held my breath.

"I won't hurt you in any way. Your hand is broken. I'm going to take you to the hospital." He continued. My heart didn't slow it's rapid pace.

I adverted my eyes, giving my mind a chance to run over the situation. He could be lying... But, then again...it doesn't look like you have much of a choice, Claire. I looked back up. He seemed to have read my mind. I exhaled quietly as I tried to sit up, wincing in pain at my throbbing hand.

He offered his hand again. I glared up at him, but reluctantly took it.  I managed a standing position, with his hand for support.  

"Now. Let's go." He said, releasing my hand and beginning to walk away. He knows I can't run away... not without  being caught again. I grumbled, but reluctantly followed.  

I kept a strong distance behind him, a good 12 ft, shuffling my feet through the grass and fallen leaves. He kept his hands in his pockets, not bothering to turn around to make sure I was still there. For some reason, that pissed me off. That he knew I knew there would be no way for me to escape.  I gritted my teeth. When we got to the hospital... if that really was were we were going... I wouldn't have to deal with him. I could report him, and never have to see him again.

My stomach churned at the thought of having to tell my parents I was kidnapped. They'd be furious with him. My dad would no doubt strangle the life out of him.. my mother..oh Lord, there's no telling what she'd do.

I glanced down at my hand, swollen and searing with dull pain. I felt a presence right in front of me suddenly, and looked up to almost run into his chest. He looked down at me with an annoyed expression.

"Jeez.." I grumbled, taking a step back. He sneered. 

"You're walking too slow. Pick up the pace." He said sternly. I felt my body begin to quiver a little from frustration and built-up anger. He turned and began walking with his back to me,

"Make me." I quietly hissed under my breath.

"Don't say that, or I will." He called back to me. 

I felt my face grow scarlet. I kept my head down, staring at the back of his heels the rest of the way through the forest.

(Isaac's POV)

This girl was pissing me off. In a cute way. 

Her shyness and submissiveness when I first met her is what attracted me to her. But this stubborness she has... I had no idea where that came from. She was a smart girl, despite the fact- of course- that she broke her own hand. She knew she couldn't run off now. I listened with content to her pouting footsteps behind me.

But she was no doubt in a great deal of pain... I respect her for not crying her eyes out right now. I needed to get her there as soon as possible. She was exausted, I could tell by the way her body moved. 

Goddammit. I hated the way she thought I was planning to rape her. I could barely look at her after she spoke those words... 

Sigh.

I'm not the one she should be concerned with....

(Claire's POV)

It seemed like hours before we were back in sight of the road and his car. Seeing the vehicle again made my stomach knot. It was like stepping back into a bear trap after you just got your leg out. I felt the goosebumbs grow on my spine again as I got closer to the door.... my feet wouldn't allow me to go further, and I stood there, staring at the cage of a car.

He turned after reaching his vehicle, looking at me impatiently. 

"Are you coming?" He said. It was obviously a rhetorical question.  My mind told me to not dare take a step further. And for once, my body listened. My feet were like anchors in the ground as I cradled my injured arm. I didn't move, my eyes were to the ground. Bide your time, Claire.... Keep yourself alive until you can escape again...

"Claire." He said, his voice a bit louder. My teeth gritted as I lifted my legs, forcing myself to walk over to him. I began to open the passenger side door, when he stopped me. He took a step back, and opened the back seat door, motioning for me with his hand. 

I glared at him, but reluctantly climbed in. He slammed the door shut as soon as I was in. The entire car was pitch black, except for the faint greyish blue glow of moonlight outside. I jumped as I heard the drivers door slamming shut. Then the echo of the locks, which I expected.

The car jerked forward as he floored it. I almost headbutted the seat in front of me. With a mutter, I grabbed the seat belt and buckled myself in, taking extra care to keep from hitting my broken hand. Safety first.... ha.

just as I had readjusted my hand to get comfortable in the seatbelt, a flash of blue light in the seat behind the drivers seat caught my attention. 

Holy shit... MY CELL PHONE. 

Feedback PUHLEASE. Good or bad, I'll gladly take it :)