five

Stray Kids - Voices

[ 5 ] | [ s i n g f o r m e ]

[ two years ago ]

Sora snickered. "Pathetic, your voice is so ugly." she spat out, leaving the small room with a triumphant grin.

Jia was shivering, alone inside a storage room, covered with Sora's ice cold soda. No, she didn't want to cry but her eyes betrayed her.

"What am I even living for," she mumbled with a shaky voice. She then began to sob quietly, holding her legs towards her chest.

With all of her remaining strength, she pushed herself off the floor and wiped her tears. She was alone, she didn't have anyone to rely on, she was having Suicidal thoughts.

Jia exited the storage room and made her way to her locker, pulling out some clothes that she had for emergencies. She then made her way to the girl's bathroom to change.

The hallway was dark, empty and quiet. Nothing but Jia's footsteps can be heard. 'How did Sora manage to find me?' she asked herself.

Jia was at the music room, singing her heart out as she stared out the window. She didn't even notice that it was already six and that Sora was watching her. It ended with her being dragged into a storage room.

She finally got changed and grabbed her backpack that she threw on the floor before hurrying to change. She's had enough, 'it's time to end this' was all that was running in her mind.

Her feet slowly moved her towards the exit of the school's building and as she reached the gate, she broke off into a run. Jia didn't care where her feet would take her, all she wanted was to escape.

Her feet stopped infront of a familiar road. "This is where..." she mumbled, stopping abruptly as loud car honks were heard and a car zoomed past her.

"It was this road, it was that building, it was that woman." Her voice was shaky, as if she was about to cry. Realization dawned upon her, the old abandoned building was where that accident happened. How did she not notice it before, everything was right in her face.

Jia's Hand reached out towards the building, what she thought was her hideout, her and Donghyuck's hideout. What he found wasn't just an ordinary abandoned building but a building of her past and her love for Donghyuck blinded her from realizing that this was the building where that happened.

her feet moved closer, ignoring the fact that she was already at the middle of the road. And then, lights flashed. Honks and the shrill sound of a car's wheels was all that she could hear aside from the ringing in her ears. Then... something that wasn't realization hit her and it hit her hard.

\>><</

"I didn't know you'd be here," Jia's voice boomed. Ten turned his body to face her, his body sitting on the edge with his long legs dangling.

"I didn't think you'd be here either," he chuckled.

Jia gave him a weak smile, walking towards him. She sat down beside him and pulled her knees towards her chest, "I'm really tired, can you sing for me?"

"Ah, that reminds me, I haven't heard you sing yet. Will you sing for me instead?" He requested, turning the tables on her.

"I don't just sing for anyone," she told him.

"Not even for Haechan?" She smiled, "once," she answered. She had really bad experiences with singing. Haechan had heard her sing many times but she just didn't know it.

"Can you at least tell me what happened?" Jia nodded, sucking in a deep breath.

"I've been shamed so much for my singing that I rarely sing around others, I sing when I'm alone." Jia smiled as she spoke but Ten noticed it to be a melancholic smile.

"What about that one time you sang infront of Haechan?" He asked again.

"He told me that my voice was bad and that Sora's was better and..." she paused for a moment.

"And what?" Ten lifted an eyebrow.

"And he told me that I would never become an Idol. It was my biggest dream, to become an Idol." She continued.

"What? You have what it takes, it's not too late, I'll help you fulfil your dream." He was determined to make the girl he loved happy.

"That dream died years ago," she uttered, hugging her knees tighter.

"Tell me, who else has heard you sing?" Jia looked up at the sky for a moment, tapping her index finger on her chin.

"My mother, she loved my voice." She answered after moments of silence.

"I bet your mother is a wonderful person, maybe I could meet her one day?" Ten suggested, he was unaware of her circumstances.

"Sure... someday I'll bring you to her," she muttered.

"I really want to hear your voice, can you make an exception only for me?" Ten pleaded.

Jia thought for a moment, but gave in. "Fine, just this once though."

She thought of a song that deeply described her life and started singing. "Now they've been going around nae meorissoge dora nareul eojireobge hane."

Ten was instantly mesmerised by her voice, he thought 'why would people criticize her voice, it's angelic'.

"Nal goerobhineun moksorie ttodashi wechinda." Ten looked at her with pure admiration, she had what it takes to be an Idol, to make her dream happen.

"Step out of them voices nae du gwireul makgo ttodashi wechilge." Ten could already see her being popular, being an Idol people would look up to.

"Step out of them voices, break free from the voices in my head." He saw that her voice was made to be heard everywhere.

"Gwitgae maemdora, ohhhhhh, can't hear my voices, ohhhhhh." And this is where he decided that he'd revive that dead dream and help her achieve it.

"I think that's enough," she stopped singing.

"What no, I love your voice. Keep singing," Ten encouraged her and she smiled, seeing that someone loved her voice.

And with a deep breath, a beautiful voice sang all through the night.

\>><</

I'm actually motivated to write this story *gasp*

The song she sand was 'voices' by Stray Kids, the lyrics are really deep so check it out and stan Stray Kids. They're very talented.

I want to disappear I hate my life.

-y.a.