Pilot- Part 1

February 19, 1987:

"Sammy, I promise I'll come over. I have to tell my mom before I do. Can I talk to Dean?" You smiled, shaking your head. You loved Sam Winchester like the little brother you never had. Your mom never had any other children besides you so it got lonely all the time.

Thankfully, you met the Winchesters when you were 5 years old so you weren't bored all the time. You met Dean and baby Sammy when you were the park, playing by yourself. When your mom met John Winchester, they clicked as if they already knew each other. Sammy was a happy baby and was blabbing away but you were drawn to the 5-year-old boy who was silent.

Even though you were five, you knew he's been through a lot. He looked scared, haunted by something horrible. You tried your best to make him feel better by giving him flowers you picked at the park to cards you made your mom buy for the sad boy you met.

It took a lot of time but you got him to open up to you and even though he never told you exactly what happened, he did tell you that something bad happened to his mom. Seeing the two kids at the park wasn't enough and you actually got your mom to agree with letting you stay over at their house.

Well, house isn't the right term. Their house burned down so they stayed in motel rooms. 9 times out of 10, John was always gone, leaving Dean to take care of Sammy. Whenever you asked where his dad went to, Dean would never tell you. All you got out of him was that John was working.

You didn't know why his dad would leave a 4-year-old boy alone with a newborn but you didn't question. You never told your mom that John was always missing because she wouldn't let you go over there anymore.

You and Dean were the same age so you hung out with him more since Sammy was still a baby. You always offered to take care of Sam and he was really grateful that you wanted to help. You didn't mind, because you got to hang out with him more.

As the years went on, you and the Winchesters became closer and closer. Sammy grew up and so did you and Sam. Now you were 8 years old and your relationship with Dean was as strong as a relationship could get at the age of 8.

"Okay! I'll go get him!" Sam giggled. You heard scratchy noises come from the other line until you heard Dean's voice.

"Hey, you still coming over? My dad is home this time so he can watch Sammy and we can go out." Dean sounded happier than when you first met him.

"I don't know why he's always away." You bit your lip as you walked home from school. Sam and Dean didn't go to school today because of John. He was having issues and needed his boys. Sam wasn't old enough to go to school yet and Dean had to stay home and watch him.

"It's complicated," Dean said. Whenever you brought up him and his dad, he always shut you down and changed the subject. You didn't know why but you weren't going to press the matter. You walked up the steps to your front door with a smile.

Opening the door, you were hit with a whiff of the rotting smell of eggs and a faint smell of blood. Your mom was home and you didn't know what was going on. You heard some commotion and your first thought was that your mom was in trouble.

"Dean, something is wrong." You whispered into the phone. You heard a thud and your frown got deeper. You were very scared but if your mom was in trouble, you needed help.

"What? What do you mean?" Dean asked, confused.

"I think my mom is in trouble. I'm scared to walk inside my house. It smells horrible, like rotting eggs." You scrunched your face but closed the door because you needed to be brave for your mom.

"Y/N, don't go in there. I'm sending my dad to you." Dean warned. You chose to ignore Dean's warning and you walked further into your house. The living room was a mess, the couch and tables were all flipped over, the pictures on the walls were now on the floor. Some of them were shattered and some of them were cracked.