Leave Me Lonely (26)

Ariana

Thursday, December 20

9:27 pm

"Lilia, it's time for bed, babe." I pick Lilia up off of the floor and she starts crying.

"Shh, it's okay." I grab her bottle and walk into her room, sitting in the rocking chair.

I feed her the bottle, rocking her back and forth until she's almost asleep, then I put her in her crib and walk out of the room.

"Now to clean up this mess." I whisper to myself.

After dinner, I gave Lilia a bath and we watched TV in the living room so I didn't have time to clean up the mess that was made.

I put all the dishes in the sink and pick up food off of the floor before washing the dishes. Once the kitchen is cleaned, I put Lilia's toys from the living room away and go to my room to take a shower.

11:38 pm

I'm about to go to sleep when I hear Lilia crying from her room.

"Dammit, why can't the child stay asleep?"

I get out of my bed and walk to Lilia's room, taking her from her crib.

"What's wrong, princess?"

After at least 10 minutes of her not going to sleep, I give in and take her to my room. I don't have time to be late to work again.

When Lilia falls asleep on my chest, I gently lay her next to me and mess around on my phone for a bit before going to sleep myself.

7:31 am

I wake up to Lilia crawling all over me, laughing and saying my name.

"Good morning, cutie. You slept well, obviously."

"Mama! Eat!"

"What do you want for breakfast, babe?"

"Eat!"

"You want eat for breakfast? I don't really know what that is."

Lilia gets annoyed with me asking her questions and starts whining so I finally get up and take her to the kitchen.

"I'll just make oatmeal. You're ok with that?"

Lilia just starts repeating "eat" so I take that as a yes and start making oatmeal.

She doesn't let me finish, though, so I give her some strawberry yogurt melts to keep her busy.

After the oatmeal is ready, I put Lilia's in a bowl and give it to her. Even though I gave her a spoon, she uses her hands to eat. Not that I wasn't expecting her to do that.

Once I'm done with my oatmeal, I feed Lilia the rest of hers and go to clean her up.

8:43 am

"Bye, baby. I love you." I say to Lilia before going upstairs to my office.

I peek in Tara's office to say hey before going to my own office to actually work.

While I'm typing away, actually being productive for once, my boss comes in to see what I'm doing.

"Good morning, Ms. Grande. How are we this morning?"

"Great. I decided to actually work today."

"That sounds great. There aren't many days when you decide to actually work. I'm confused as to why I still pay you."

"I work at least 3 out of 5 days. And on most of those days I stay late. I think by staying late to actually work, I make up for the time that I don't work on the other 2 days."

"So what you're saying is I should stop paying you overtime for those days that you stay late?" He smirks.

"Absolutely not." I shake my head, laughing.

"Alright, Ariana, sounds good. I'm going to go check on Tara. Who knows what she could be doing?"

As soon as he turns to walk out of my office, I pick up my phone and text Tara that he's coming, just in case.

10:38 am

When I get bored of what I'm working on, I decide to go check on Lilia.

I walk to the elevators and go to the first floor. The daycare was not in the lobby, which was genius, because if there was some type of danger, the kids would be safer.

"Ariana, hey. What's up?" Caitlyn says.

"Taking a break. I just came to let you know that I would be staying late, and I know you leave at 5, right?"

"Yep. How late do you plan on staying?"

"Until about 6 or 7. I'll come get her when you leave and I'll just keep her in my office."

"Sounds good. So I'll see you then?"

"Yes ma'am." I watch Lilia for a couple of seconds before returning to my office.

If you didn't know, Tara and I worked on the top floor, which explains why our bosses office was right down the hall from ours. Yes, I know, we're fancy.

11:33 am

I happen to look over at my phone right as an incoming facetime call came from Justin. I can't contain the smile that appears on my face.

I answer it on the second ring.

"Mi amor." I smile.

"Hey, gorgeous. How are you?"

"Amazing. You just made my day."

"Well, that's good to hear. I know you're at work. Did I interrupt anything?"

"No, not at all. You're more important than work. It's late there, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I was about to go to sleep. I'm just sitting outside. I wanted to talk to you."

"So you're safe? Nobody is gonna shoot you while you're sitting outside, right?"

"Hopefully not. We moved out of all that, but it's very possible that someone could-"

"Okay, thanks. I don't wanna hear that."

"Sorry, beautiful. But I'm not the only one sitting out here. And I do have a gun of my own."

"Oh really? Well you're good then. I'm not worried anymore. Kind of."

"It's okay, just don't think about it. I know it's a lot to handle."

"Yeah, it's definitely a lot. I miss you."

"I miss you more, baby girl. I can't wait to come back. I have a surprise for you."

"Really? What is it?"

"A surprise. You'll see when I get back."

"Okay, okay. I won't ask you about it. Maybe. I'll try not to. Maybe."

Justin laughs, but stops to look to his left. I hear another mans voice and watch Justin nod.

"Okay, thank you."

"I gotta go, gorgeous. It was amazing talking to you. I'll try to call you later, okay?"

"Okay. Be safe, please."

"I will try my hardest."

You probably can't have your phones in the military, but hey, it's a fiction book, so it's good, right?

Um also I just realized that Ariana is not supposed to have work on Friday's OOOOOPPPPPSSSSS but shhhh. That will continue next friday 😬