Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

    As the Beatles arrived shortly to the pub, the sun was just barely peaking over the gloomy horizon. They filed in quickly, only to be quickly overwhelmed by the nightly chatter and blasting music.

    John found them seats at the bar, and the group ordered drinks and quickly settled down.

    The regular extremely loud music had become a comfort over time, with all of the band's experience in pubs.

—————
Shortly..
—————

    When they headed out to drink, they usually got at least a little tipsy. But George noticed that Ringo was downing drink-after-drink. He wanted to say something, but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to.

    John and Paul were pretty mellow, for once. And were talking in a hushed way.  Suddenly, Paul turned to George and Ringo to ask them how they were doing.

    "'M fine Paul, but D'you want to head over and dance in a minute? I think Ritch here is getting pretty disoriented.."

    Ringo was, at this point, wobbling on his stool, and was threateningly close to falling off.

    "'Ey Georgie! Did you say dancinngg..?" He slurred.

    "Oh boy.." Paul groaned. "It's gonna be a long night."

    "Ah, but Paul, it's only just begun! Thanks for bringing Georgie by the way.."

    And with that he trailed off, sort of mumbling to himself. The conversation continued slowly, until Paul turned around to check on John again.

    As if on queue, Ringo turned to George and put his face right next to his. George could smell the alcohol on his breath.

    "I've always wanted to do this."

    George's eyes widened. "Ritchie-"

    "That nickname's only good when you say it." He remarked woozily.

    And with that, Ringo slammed his lips onto George's. George was shocked, too shocked to push his drunken friend off of him.

    John turned around, and his expression quickly turned into a look of awe. He haphazardly poked Paul and he too showed a look of confusion and dread.

    George was finally able to force Ringo off of him. But he had to admit, it was sort of reluctantly. In a strange way in the back of his mind he actually really enjoyed that kiss, he just desperately wished it wasn't drunkenly-induced.

    "I-I.." George stuttered. His face was bright red.

    "I'd better take him home, he's about to pass out any minute.." He motioned with his hands towards the door. And dragged the stumbling drummer out into the chilly night air.

    John looked at them, and then at Paul expectingly. "Mind telling me when this all started?"

    Paul awkwardly shrugged and looked back towards the door. "We'd better go with them."