Chapter Ten

Last Chapter. No more afterward. I'm sorry, but I can't think of what else to add to this tragically written story. The worst way to end a story and I did it. This author sucks and we all know it. Hopefully, Crimson Murders comes out better.

|Story Starts Now|

They interviewed one more villain since the others are more ruthless than two. After getting their answers, they reminisce all that they learned, laughing at a few stories that the villains told them about prison life. While returning to the academy, Izuku had fallen asleep with his head on Iida's lap seeming to be exhausted with the day. No one can blame him, some of them are tired too. Shinsou is watching Midoriya for a few seconds before looking away when he's dragged into a conversation by Tsuyu. He sighs and listens in, speaking when he has a chance to but its usual sarcasm and a few friendly insults here and there. They laugh at them and have a few chances to get him back from it.

Once arrived at the campus, they don't have the heart to wake Izuku up. Of course, that doesn't mean anything to Bakugou. He flicks the younger teen on the shell of his ear, effectively waking him up and ignoring the looks given by a few of his friends. Bakugou walks off the bus with Kirishima who is sighing softly and shaking his head. He knows that the blond is slowly becoming a better person, but it's difficult at times. Difficult to change, after all, no one changes overnight.

Midoriya hums as they get back to the dorms. Many of them are thinking about the answer his father gave them. They think back to their days in middle and elementary school. A handful of students can remember at least one person who's quirkless, and three of those students remember one day when the teachers were worried and held a look in their eyes. Sadness and guilt. They remember how that one person was not going to be any longer with them. "Suicide rates have risen steadily since I was in high school, and do you know from which the majority of what part of society?" The look in his eyes, they can hope to never see in Izuku's. Revulsion and hatred towards people. "The quirkless. From vulgar insults, being looked down upon, abandonment, abuse, and such cruel treatment from their peers during school." They know what he meant. They've seen it first hand. They tried to step in, but whenever they did, it was terrible for the victim. They had tried to get teachers to stop it, but that never helped and it steadily got worse.

They noticed the look on Bakugou's face. Horror splayed across it, glances at Izuku then down at the teen's arms, then to the ground. Shame in his eyes. They noticed the little things, they didn't miss a single emotion. They noticed Izuku's shadowed face, they saw the tension in his shoulders, and they could see the clenched fist. "There are always people who try to suicide bait them, Father. They don't care about what it could mean for them." That makes a few people squirm, wondering if that is true. How can people be so horrific as to even tell that to someone?

"Horrifying, isn't it? To know people aspiring to be heroes have driven those who they're to protect to such a state. I have never met a villain that has done something of the sort. It is quite saddening. And those who have gone through it come out stronger."

"The stronger ones know when to ignore them," spoke up Deku, his gaze fixated on his father. "It doesn't matter how many times they've wanted to or how close they've come but never completing it—my friends are stronger than anyone with a quirk that I know." His friends? He knows people that have been through that. "And I'm not saying those who went through with it aren't strong, mostly because they've just wanted to end the pain and they let Death take them to a place they'd never have to feel it ever again. They aren't cowards, they just couldn't fight anymore."

It was silent. The thick silence could've suffocated them then Todoroki spoke, "You became a villain because of the quirkless? Because of what the heroes have done to them. You send messages to show what the heroes have done, to show the public that heroes can make mistakes and that they aren't perfect as the media plays them out to be. You show that heroes are still human and it doesn't matter that we have quirks, we won't be able to keep every disaster from happening. And you ruin the reputation of a few heroes."

"Yes. I became a villain for that reason. I never meant for it to come off as a villainous act, but to show that you will have hardships from those stupid reporters. I have ruined many reporters' life as well. For the quirkless, I show them that they can be whatever they want to be, not what society wants them to be. Messages can only be seen by the quirkless. For no quirk user wants to see it." Not every villain needs a tragic backstory, they echoed the words that were spoken from their resident good child. Villains don't need a good reason to become villains like heroes don't need a good reason to become heroes. Sometimes, it just happens. The views of people are their views, and sometimes they're not good views from others.

"You're not a villain," whispers Uraraka. "While you have done damage to a few things, I can't really peg you to be a villain."

A sad smile. "No matter how many times I hear those words it doesn't change my opinion. I am a villain. I could've done things differently. You have not seen the extent of things I've done. The news wouldn't cover it. While I may have hurt a few people, doesn't mean I haven't killed before."

Iida and Uraraka exchange glances as Midoriya curls up into the corner of the couch, seeming to mimic a cat. "Izuku, have you been getting sleep lately?"

"Yeah, just not last night. Didn't sleep a wink last night. Had things on my mind." Izuku stretches and yawns, curling up even more. He groans when his phone rings and checks the caller ID before ignoring it and falling asleep. He isn't going to deal with life today, he thinks as he falls into the deep waters of sleep. Being a hero is hard. Being the child of a villain is difficult, but people can always work past it. They can always find a way through the toughest of times.