As Your Maker...I Command You (Godric Love Story) Ch. 8

Chapter 8- My Story

   I woke up an hour before sundown. Godric was still asleep but he looked weaker. I knew he wasn’t feeding anymore. I have a plan to have him feed again without drinking true blood or harming humans. He looked peaceful now though, my child, back with me and I don’t plan on leaving. I gently caressed his chest were I tattooed the black Scottish war symbol. He was only still human when I gave it to him…same goes for the symbol I put on his back. Godric is a kind and good man, a brave warrior. I feel like the worst maker since I never stopped him but I didn’t know how to get rid of his evil side. Like hell I was going to use a witch either. I quietly got out of bed and walked to my bag. I had a vile of lavender, maroon, and crème colored herbs meshed together inside. This mixture is my creation from breeding different herbs together. I call it the Fola serum. Fola is Irish for blood and when the herb is mixed in water, it turns into a thick formula that looks and smells like blood but it’s only herbs. These special herbs however, have the ability to allow blood to copy itself and restore the amount needed to nourish vampires. It cannot be intoxicated or changed and a little goes a long way. I like to mix it in warm water so it eases the crave better. Once I took a sip, I felt so refreshed and healthy. Humans can taste the same with this serum too but they would only digest it and nothing bad would happen to them. Vampires can overdose on this but the way that their body works, it would only be cried out. It took me years but I finally made a safe herb.

Suddenly, Godric was awake and behind me. He kissed my shoulder and held my torso close from behind. I closed my eyes and smiled at the moment.

“Godric?” I asked quietly.

“Yes?”

“If I give you something to try, would you trust me and just try it?” I asked as he loosened his grip.

“I don’t drink blood anymore.” He said while sitting on the couch still shirtless.

“I know, it’s not blood. It’s not true blood either. It’s a herb that I spent almost 100 years perfecting. I call it Fola serum.” I said as I turned to look at him.

“Blood serum?”

“Yes, see it looks like blood, it tastes better than blood, but it’s not blood. I created it so vampires would get attracted to it and drink it more than they would want to drink humans. It’ll quench thirst and help retore blood supply.” I then said as I walked over and handed him the mug.

“Please…just try it.”

Godric looked at me with his tired eyes and a face too pale for comfort. He just looked so dead from times I’ve watched him and I really wanted him to have more color and nutrition. He took a sip and closed his eyes. He then drank more until the mug was empty. He looked as happy and restored as when he turned Eric.

“This tastes much better than blood. I can feel my blood increasing and my thirst dyeing away.” Godric said with the half smile I love so much.

“See we don’t have to ever feed off humans. They can finally trust us now but with the magester and the King and Queen, no wonder humans hate us.” I ended sadly as I took the mug to the sink.

“Aoife look at me.” Godric said from behind me.

“You’re the oldest vampire now. You are our maker and you have the authority over all of us. You have the power to make people change, human and vampire.”

“Cheapann tú gur féidir liom é a dhéanamh?”

 (You think I can do it?)

“Tá aon duine eile cosúil leatsa.”

(No one else is like you)

Then a knock occurred at the door. I kissed Godric after we were dressed in seconds and I answered the door. I immediately saw Eric and Isabel standing outside with Eric looking red from wiping away bloody tears and they both looked as if they haven’t slept at all.