Chapter 6

Blood-Stained Invasion

Blue eyes immediately started scanning the surroundings even as the world erupted into action, the Suna nin already jumping down into the arena as the stands broke into violence.

Odds are this is the initial preemptive strike, most of the high-level Jounin and skilled Chunin are located in the arena, cripple the counteroffensive personnel and open up the way for the general invasion, which means-

His eyes closed as the extended his senses, working to prioritize the senses to scan for foreign chakra signatures behind the wall where-

Eyes snapped open in response.

Suna and unknown chakra signatures, count at least two hundred, summoning underway to support compromising of the walls. Not good.

It was perfect, with the Hokage incapacitated, command and control collapsed, the ensuing chaos would cause Konoha have issues in a coordinated offense until Nara Shikaku could rally a defense.

But there were too few chakra signatures for an invasion. Which didn't make sense unless they weren't invading, it was more of a party for, his breath hitched, darting down to Gaara who was now surrounded by his peers and jounin-sensei.

Smash and burn.

Shit shit SHIT, he cursed, withdrawing his kunai and tossing it directly at Gaara, hand already retrieving a chakra disruption seal as he reached out and tagged the Hiraishin, feeling himself undergo the spaghettification necessary to enter into the Hiraishin before instantly recompiling with his hand outstretched towards the jinchuriki of the Ichibi, only to meet air as the sand trio had darted up into the air, the seal tag fizzling uselessly into the ground.

The Suna jounin that had been with them whirled around to engage him, only for Genma to interfere, allowing him time to swing back.

"Naruto, Sasuke, go and track down Gaara, this is the real thing."

He then pushed the cowled jounin away as they both darted out of the arena, leaving Naruto and Sasuke.

"Sasuke," Naruto started, only for the Uchiha survivor to take off, causing him to sigh. It was typical he would take off without a plan and without recognizing he could help. Not that he was intending to pursue Sasuke and assist with Gaara at first.

Instead, he loosened the tie to retrieve the scroll from his back, setting it vertically upon the ground, reaching up with his right thumb to his mouth and biting hard enough into it to draw blood.

After the encounter with Orochimaru, he had suspected that there was more reason to the Snake Sannin's presence other than shopping for a Sharingan. Why do it in the heart of Konoha when he could have waited until such a point to when Sasuke was vulnerable outside of the walls. Unless Orochimaru was merely doing the pragmatic thing and combining multiple objectives together. He had expected a raid of some kind to draw off attention from Sasuke, not a full-blown invasion though.

Still, he had taken that into consideration luckily when he had gone to work over the month on creating a way to where the fight with Orochimaru would not end the way it had previously. While he could not increase his chakra to sannin levels, in warfare, it wasn't the strongest fighter that won all the time, it was merely the luckiest one who landed that one strike. With that in mind, he had created something better.