{8}

You let out a small sigh and ran a hand over your face, thinking about all of the possibilities of what you could do. There were the somewhat rational options, like distracting the alien in some way, then quickly getting Stephen out of the restraints the alien put him in. There were the completely risky options, like making the alien fight you and allowing Stephen to get himself out of the restraints. And then there were the options that were probably saner, but something you would never do, like leaving Stephen. 

You continued to ponder what would be the best course of action, but then you heard something that threw all of your rational thinking out the window. Stephen began screaming in pain. You looked to see needles that the alien had begun to plunge into Stephen.

"Stop!" you yelled, stepping out of the shadows and coming closer to the two of them. Stephen had a look of surprise and fear for what the alien might do to you. The alien looked mad as he approached you. "Coming aboard this ship was the worst and last mistake you will make," the alien told you. You quickly formed your magic, but right as you looked up, the alien had used his telekinesis to throw something hard and heavy at your head.

You fell to the ground and felt blood trickle down your forehead. You tried to stand up but felt lightheaded as the alien came closer to you. He picked you and a held a knife to your throat. Stephen tried breaking out of the restraints and you mouthed an "I'm sorry," to him. 

Stephen looked angry as he made eye contact with the alien. "Let her go," Stephen said in a dangerously low voice. "Give me the stone," the alien stated in response. Stephen didn't know what to do. He made an oath to protect the stone. The alien wore a smirk as he used a knife to cut into your arm, dragging the knife down in a deep cut. You tried not to make any noise, but the pain was overwhelming, and you couldn't help but let out a small scream of pain.  

"Please...," Stephen said, tears threatening to form as he looked at you. Suddenly, Tony and Peter appeared out of nowhere, and they blasted a hole in the spaceship, shooting the alien out of the ship and into space. Tony quickly sealed the hole before you or Stephen could fly out. Stephen was free of the needles that were previously surrounding him.

He quickly made his way to you, as you breathed a small breath of relief. He held your arm in one hand as he cupped your cheek in the other. "Why did you come onto the ship?" he asked you, concern filling his eyes as he stared into yours.

"Did you really think I was just going to let you get taken by the alien? He could have killed you," you replied, cupping his face with your hand that was on the uninjured arm. "He could have killed you," Stephen countered, muttering a spell that healed your arm. "It would have been worth it if it meant saving you," you told him.

Stephen looked at you sadly and replied, "I can't live without you. Just remember that before you go on any more rescue missions." You gave him a small smile and told him, "I can't live without you either." 

Stephen pulled you into a loving kiss, bringing his body as close to yours as possible. "As soon as you two are done, we have a Titan to stop," Tony said sarcastically, making you and Stephen break away from the kiss. "We've got to turn this ship around," Stephen told Tony, approaching the steering system of the ship. 

"Yeah, now he wants to run," Tony muttered under his breath. "I want to protect the stone," Stephen shot back, as you let out a small sigh, walking over to Peter. "Thanks for helping save our lives," you told him with a genuine smile. 

Peter smiled in response and held out his hand, saying, "We haven't officially met. I'm Peter." You smiled and shook his hand, replying, "I'm Y/N." "And I want you to thank me now," Tony told Stephen. "For what? Nearly blasting me to space?" Stephen responded. "Who just saved your magical ass?" Tony stated. 

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet," Stephen told him. "Admit it. You should have ducked out when I told you. I tried to bench you, you refused," Tony argued, and you let out an exasperated sigh. 

"I'm sure you guys will have plenty of time to argue later, but right now can we focus on things that matter, like Thanos?" you said, walking closer to the two men with Peter following you. Tony let out a small sigh before responding, "The ship is self-correcting its course. It's on autopilot." "Can we control it? Fly us home?" Stephen asked him, and Tony looked out the window, thinking for a moment. "Stark?" you asked him. 

"Yeah?" he replied. "Can you get us home?" Stephen repeated. "Yeah, heard you. I'm not so sure we should," Tony told him. "Under no circumstances can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here," Stephen stated. 

"No, it's you who doesn't understand that Thanos has been inside my head for six years since he sent an army to New York. And now he's back, and I don't know what to do. So I'm not sure if it's a better plan to fight him on our turf or his. But you saw what they did. What they can do. At least, let's hope he's not expecting it. So I say we take the fight to him, Doctor. Do you concur?" Tony explained. 

"All right, Stark. We go to him. But you have to understand...if it comes to saving you, or the kid, or the Time Stone, I will not hesitate to let either of you die. I can't because the Universe depends on it," Stephen replied before walking away. 

"Nice. Good. Moral compass," Tony muttered as Peter looked at you, slightly scared. "Don't worry, I've got your back," you told him, before following after Stephen. He was standing by the window, looking out it. You wrapped your arms around him, pressing yourself into his back, hugging him. He let out a small sigh, before turning around and wrapping his arms around you in a tight hug.

You pulled away for a moment before telling him, "What we're doing is really dangerous, Stephen." "I know," he replied. "If it comes down to choosing between me and the Stone, you have to let me die," you said. 

Stephen looked up, horrified at the idea as he shook his head slightly. "No, you were right, Stephen. The fate of the universe depends on you keeping that stone safe. So, you have to do whatever you can to protect it, including letting me die if it comes down to it," you said. "I can't. I won't," he replied. 

"Yes, you can, and you will," you responded, and he placed his forehead against yours. "Whatever happens, just know that I love you, Stephen, more than anything," you told him. He leaned in, kissing you passionately before saying, "I love you too." 

You smiled as the two of you moved over to the window. Your arms were around each other, your head resting on him, as the two of you waited for what was coming.