Chapter Six

Important AN at the end

***Usui's POV***

"Usui, I love you."

She loved me. A sense of total happiness washed over me until Misaki began speaking again.

"...but I don't think we can be together."

"Why? If we both love each other..."

"I'm always busy! I'm now sure I have time to be in a relationship."

"Misa-chan, we'll spend as much time together as we do now. Although we might have more official dates."

"But..."

"But what?"

"This is so new..."

"You're Ayuwaza Misaki, student council president, good at everything she tries and I love you. It'll be fine."

I leaned over and kissed her until she pulled away and rested her forehead against mine.

"Okay."

*Timeskip to tomorrow morning*

"Do we really have to do this?" Misaki said while gesturing to our entwined hands. I had come and picked her up this morning so we could walk to school together.

"Yes. I want everyone to know."

Misaki huffed, but she didn't complain after that. Slowly the school came into view and Misaki fidgeted nervously.

"Are you embarrassed to be seen with me Misa-chan?"

"No, its not that..." Misaki seemed to gain confidence before my eyes as she stood up taller and strengthened her girl on my hand. "I'm not afraid. Come on Usui."

She pulled me towards the school's gates and we passed Yukimera and Shouto (AN I am so sorry if this is not his name, I'm talking about the guy who is afraid of girls.) who's reactions were a little startling.

Yukimera's jaw dropped and his eyes went big. He stood there gaping like a fish until finally he just went still. Then his eyes got watery and he looked down in defeat.

"Usui is a real man..." he murmured while sulking away.

Shouto cast Yukimera a concerned look while mumbling, "I knew it..." He turned back to us and smiled.

"I'm glad you guys finally got together. And Usui, I'm glad you stopped lying to yourself. It wasn't healthy what you were doing."

Then he turned and ran through the gates after Yukimera. After a moment of stunned silence, Misaki turned to me.

"Yukimera... he doesn't... does he?"

I raised an eyebrow at her, "You didn't know?"

She just glared at me and walked on. Huh, I thought she had known. Yukimera was a good kid, but I probably hadn't been the best to him.

We finally got through the school gates. Cue the theatrics.

"Nooooo!!!" shouted a crying girl under a tree. Her friends were surrounding her trying to console her

"They're just friends right? Friends hold hands RIGHT?!?!" the insane teenager wailed while grasping one of her friends hands. I felt bad for the girl who had to deal with her, her hand was turning red and she was getting soaked with tears.

"Shush Akane, its over. You'll have to find someone kinder."

Kinder? When have I ever been rude? Well, I had pretended to have maid fetish when she confessed, but that had been partly true!

Meanwhile, Misaki was glaring at a group of boys who had fainted on the grass and has a ghostly appearance.

"We're screwed..."

"Usui will have to take Prez's side now..."

"The power couple is going to take over the school..." they muttered while still lying on the grass in shock.

"Get to class! You're going to be late!" Misaki shouted but the effect was ruined by her scarlet cheeks.

After a bit of speed walking, we had finally gotten into the school.

"Well that wasn't that bad." I said cheerily. I had half expected us .tp get mobbed by either heartbroken girls or upset boys. Then again, we still had all day.

I heard running feet and saw Shintani making his way towards us. Before Misaki could see him, I pulled her close and touched my lips to hers. I had meant to make it just a peck, but soon I get absorbed into the kiss and only stopped when Misaki pulled up for much needed air.

"Usui! Not here! PDAs are against the rules!" Misaki shouted to my deaf ears. I was too busy looking over her shoulder at a teary Shintani who was slowly backing up until finally he turned and ran. I couldn't help feel small bit of pity. Emphasis on the small.

I decided to drop her off to her class and maybe "accidentally" run into her friends. We continued down the hallway, people staring at our hands. Some people didn't look very surprised, in fact some of the guys were paying off bets. It surprised me how many betted for us, even I had been unsure at some points.

I opened the class door, not letting go of her hand. Sakura and Shizuko turned to us and I saw their mouths turn into O's. Sakura was the first to recover and she ran over to us.

"Misaki-chan!!! Finally!!! You guys are sooo cute!!!" Sakura squealed while hugging Misaki.

Shizuko turned to Misaki seriously and asked,

"How did Shintani take it?"

"I don't know, I haven't seen him..." Misaki said with a little frown.

"Good luck," Shizuko said with a matching frown on her face.

"So!!! Are you guys OFFICIALLY a couple?!?"

"Yes we are," I said and put my arm around Misa-chan, "she's all mine now."

Sakura's eyes turned into hearts and she was surrounded by sparkles and flowers as she daydreamed about the new couple.

"So you guys are really a couple?" murmured a familiar voice.

I turned to see a puffy eyed Shintani standing in the doorway. We immediately entered a staring contest and you could practically see the tension.

"Do you really think you can take care of Misaki-chan?"

"Of course I can."

"Do you love her?"

"Very much."

"Do you deserve her?"

"Probably not."

Shintani looked pissed and stalked off, and was it just me or did the room get brighter?

I smiled and gave Misaki a quick peck on the cheek before leaving for my own class.

Today was good.

Little did Usui know, one of the kids in Misaki's class had sent a text upon seeing them.

You need to come, I can't divert her anymore. They've moved to the next stage.

***AN***

Hello again! I can't believe I already have over a hundred views *does a happy dance* Thank all of you for reading. However I'm going to start doing something a little different. I will update a new chapter each time the last chapter gets 2 votes. So come on and vote if you want to know the mysterious texter! I will probably update in a day or two, the next chapter is all written. Of course, that's only if this gets two votes :) Adios!