Breakfast Pt. 1

Rewritten 9/26/19 since it gives off a bad first impression of the book!

--

      "Good morning!" I cheerfully said, waving to the maid that was on cleaning duty. She looks up and I can tell she's a bit startled at first, but quickly bows to me and greets me back.

"Good morning, Princess Y/n!" 

I smile and continue my way to the dining room. My name is Y/n Riella Britton, youngest daughter of the Britton family, and blood-related to King Genaro the third. Sometimes, I wonder how someone like me was born into a royal family.

Arriving at the dining room's doors, I quickly push both of them open and walk inside.

"I'm here!" My voice echoes throughout the massive room, and my family quickly turns around and looks at me. 

"Ah, Y/n-dear, good morning!" Ophelia says, smiling at me. Ophelia is my step-mother, as my real mother passed away years ago, making my father remarry another woman.  She is quite kind to all my siblings and great at using a needle and thread. Of course, I miss my biological mother every day, but Ophelia is wonderful.

Next, my father also greets, a small smile on his face. I smile back. King Genaro the third is a caring person who spoils me often with gifts that I don't want. He's never lets me go to town on my own, but I sneak out anyway, changing into some commoner clothes. It's fun when you don't have guards in all directions of you, and the stares of everyone.

In front of me, I see Rod, my step-brother who is the son of Ophelia. He rarely smiles but I don't think we're exactly the closest. I would love to get to know him better, but annoying him is the opposite of what I want. He always has a cold look on his face, so I can never read his expressions.

Finally, I look over to my right and beam. 

"Good morning, Lucette!"

Her eye twitches, probably showing that she's a bit annoyed. 

"It's too early in the morning to be shouting, Y/n." 

I laugh and shake my head. Lucette is my blood-related sister, unlike Rod and my other step-sister, Emelaigne who seems to not be here yet. She is the crown princess, the next heir to the throne, which provides a lot of work for it. My sister is known for her personality and nick-name as the "Ice princess". Ever since mother passed away, I have not seen her smile once. 

Lucette doesn't get along with Rod and Emelaigne, making it clear that she hates them and Ophelia. She also dislikes fairies and fairytales. Even if she may ignore me and glare at me sometimes, I still love her and I think she's my best friend. We used to play together every day when we were little. 

I miss those times dearly. 

Maybe I would trade anything in the world for Lucette to be happy. As I think of my childhood memories, the door makes a loud noise. What's going on?