chapter three: the day of the gift

I moved back away from the sword, but Hogan moves closer. I took a deep breath, and something appeared between me and Hogan.

"Hogan, please put that away. It's very sharp." Ms. Faragonda said, pulling her hood down.

"Ms. Faragonda!" Stella yelled.

"Faragonda? I can't believe my eyes. Is it really you?" Hogan asked.

"It is." Faragonda said.

"And who are these girls?" Hogan asked.

"Very special fairies." Ms. Faragonda said, "now lower your sword in the presence of Y/n and Bloom, the last surviving princesses of Domino."

"Oretel and Marian's daughters?" Hogan asked, "they're alive? I thought they were—"

"They're very much alive, and they need your help Hogan." Faragonda said, "so I'd like you to accept the invitation that you've been avoiding for all these long, dark years."

"Fine, Faragonda. I can't argue with a beautiful maiden like you." Hogan said. Stella and I made gagging noises.

Once we got back to Alfea, Bloom and I sat in Faragonda's office with her and Hogan. Bloom was talking to Hogan about the sword, and I was just lost in thought.

"You made the sword so I know you can sense it's presence, and find our father." Bloom said.

"No matter how hard I've tried, I can't find the sword. I've searched for years for my best friends, your mother and your father." Hogan said.

"So it was a dead end?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so." Hogan said. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I ran out of the room. I ran past the Winx, and they asked what was wrong. I didn't answer, I just ran past them.

I made it to a balcony and sat down, the Winx were graduating from Alfea for good, yet my adventure was only just beginning. I smiled while watching the ceremony, they looked like they were having so much fun.

"You look lonely." A voice said from behind me, I turned around to find Riven.

"Why aren't you at the ceremony?" I asked.

"I didn't have much to do there so I decided to look around and explore." Riven said, "why aren't you at the ceremony?"

"Hogan can't find my parents." I said, tearing up. I curled up into ball, and I cried. Riven wrapped his arm around my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me.

"So, how about we ditch the ceremony?" Riven asked.

"Sure, but where are we gonna go?" I asked.

"We can just walk around the courtyard until the ball." Riven suggested.

"I'd like that." I said. Riven and I walked out of Alfea and we headed towards the back of the school.

"Tell me a little bit about yourself." Riven said.

"Well, I've lived in Magix with my adoptive parents for as long as I can remember, I'm 15 years old and I like to draw." I said.

"That's cool." Riven said. We walked around and talked until the ball.

"I should go get ready, thanks for today, Riven." I said, smiling.

"Will I see you at the party?" Riven asked.

"I don't know? I haven't decided if I'm going yet." I said.

"Well, I'll just have to come find you if you don't show." Riven said, I giggled a little.

"See you later?" Riven asked.

"Yeah." I said, "see you later."

After I got ready, and I put my dress on. I decided to walk around outside and look for Riven. I walked outside the main doors of Alfea, and I walked around the courtyard. After about 20 minutes of looking for Riven, I still couldn't find him. I guess he didn't show up. With a sad sigh, I started walking towards Alfea.

"Where are you going?" A familiar voice asked. I turned around to find Riven.

"I guess no where now." I said.

"You look great." Riven said, my fave reddened but I still smiled. We started walking around and talked for hours. I got to know so much about Riven and he got to know so much about me. We were getting closer and closer, and it felt like we were best friends.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I said. Riven and I both laughed. It's sad that tomorrow we'll have to leave Alfea behind.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" Riven asked.

"Just about how fast this year has gone by, and how much I'll miss everything." I said.

"Don't worry, N/n, you'll get to see me again soon." Riven joked, slinging an arm around me.

"I should go." I said, "I still need to pack a few more things before tomorrow."

"I'll see you around, Y/n." Riven said, pulling me into a hug. I smiled and hugged him back. When I pulled away, I smiled at Riven then I walked back inside Alfea, and back to my room.

"Hey, Y/n." Flora greeted once I walked into the room.

"Hey, girls. How was the ball?" I asked.

"You mean that snooze fest on the quad?"Stella asked, "Y/n, you know it's not a party without you."

"This is our last night together at Alfea." Bloom said.

"Bloom is right, we can't waste the whole night sleeping." Musa said.

"Ooh, I say we have a good old fashioned pillow party!" Stell cheered.

"Don't you mean a good old fashioned pajama party?" Bloom asked, we all looked to each other, then we looked at her, "why are guys looking at me like that?"

After about an hour of throwing pillows at each other, we all sat together on the floor and on Flora's bed.

"Did you see Brandon and I out there tonight?" Stella asked, twirling around with Kiko, "we were like a king and queen-"

Stella got cut off when she fell and Kiko landed on Bloom's lap and we all started laughing. We all discussed where we were going in the morning, and our homes.

"Thanks for making this year great." I said.

"You're welcome, Y/n." Bloom said, "I just have one question."

"Ask away." I said.

"Do you have any feelings towards Riven?" Bloom asked. My face turned red.

"I guess so." I muttered quietly.

"So, she finally admits it." Aisha said. After a few more hours of talking, we decided that it would be best to finally get some sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to all the Winx gone. They must've left already. I sighed and grabbed my bags, and I walked outside Alfea, looking at everything one last time. One of the busses to Magix showed up and I got on. I'm really gonna miss Alfea. And the Winx.