alternate ending

*this is the other option I was going to make the ending, but I'm a sucker for a happy-ish ending, so if you must, relish in what could've been. It may seem the same, but wait until the middle.*

"You know why I've come here."

He stood there in front of you, he looked different. But you imagined you did too. Being back on Lah'mu for only year had changed you. Your hands were now dry and calloused, knowing the hard work of farming once more.

His hair was shorter, and his scar was now a distant memory across his face. You wondered what yours looked like. You reach up and touch it.

"You've come here to kill me." You say somberly, looking him in the eye.

He shifts uncomfortably, somehow it had all just now reached him.

"You aren't an easy person to find. I come to see you've shut yourself off from the Force?"

You ignore him, "Have you come alone?"

"Yes, of course. It would be unwise not to." He looks at the black sand beneath his feet.

It was stupid for him to tell you that. You both were so close to the ocean. You wondered what life would be like if Ben stayed here with you. You could show him how beautiful life was.

You press your hand against your leg, checking to see if it was still in it's holster.

Ben looks off into the distance.

"Have you stopped lying to yourself about what happened to you parents?" He said, turning to look you in the eye.

Your bottom lip quivered.

"It...it was all my fault." You whimper.

"Say it."

"It was all my fault! I killed them!"

You remembered, the ship. You could fix it. You were a pilot, best in the galaxy. But you didn't know anything. You were arrogant, and your parents were dead because of it.

You'd lied to yourself all these years to protect your heart. To keep yourself sane. You told yourself they disappeared. They took off to sell the crops, but the ship exploded mid-air. And just like everything you loved, they were swallowed by the ocean. They were dead before you could wipe the dirt off your chin.
And it was your fault.

Tears crawled their way down your cheeks, Ben looks distressed. He steps forward.

"Tell me...was any of it real?"

"Ben, you have no love for anyone. Not even yourself."

He leans forward to hold your face, his lips touching yours.

He is so close.

You know what you have to do.

You grab the saber, but Ben.

Ben Solo, he knew you.

He reaches out and pushes you, you go flying onto the black sand. Trying desperately to catch your breath to get up and fight.

You force yourself off the ground and ignite the weapon. The green sabers handle rattles in your hand.

Kylo charges and his red blade clashes with yours violently.

The Force hums around you.

You push the blade upwards and slice the the front of Kylos uniform.

He stumbles back, and everything seems to slow. The tip of your saber stabs directly through Kylo's shoulder.

You turn the weapon off and look at had what you'd done.

He was gagging and sobbing in agony.

You kneel next to him.

His head flops over to look up at yours. His eyes, unreadable.

Touching your cheek, you realize you were crying. You were crying for him.

"I have to do this. I have to kill you." You cry. "It's my destiny."

You pull out your saber and ignite it.

And you followed your destiny.

-

After some slight adjustments to the uniform.

You had to say.

It suited you.

Everything, even his red saber.

Holding the mask in your hands you place it on, looking at yourself in the mirror you whisper,

"I am Kylo Ren."