Chapter Six - [The Party.]

Author's Note: I am so sorry about the long wait! I've been back home on vacation so I've been busy. My brother's girlfriend was supposed to give birth to my niece on July 4th ('Merica) but she hasn't and now she's 5 days overdue. Anyway, please tell me what you think. I've already got an idea for a sequel in my head.

I was, for obvious reason, nervous.

Some people might be wary of how openly welcoming Brooke was towards me. People just weren't like that where I'm from. But there was something about her I felt like I could trust, so that wasn't made me worried. I knew it was such a miniscule chance that people would find out I'm pregnant soon I shouldn't worry about it, but I couldn't help it.

Sometimes it felt like people could tell just by looking at me, and that was unnerving. What would Brooke think about me if she knew? Would she still so willingly befriend me? She didn't seem like the type that would snub me because of it, but you never know.

And then there was Madison.

I wasn't sure what her problem was, but I knew she hated me the moment she laid eyes on me. I didn't know what it was about me that set her off...That I was from a big city? Whatever it was, it irked me that she so readily disliked me. And for no good reason.

“What do you wanna wear?” Brooke asked, making her way into my closet. “I love your room, by the way!”

“Thanks. And I don't know what to wear. What do people usually wear to these things?”

“Out in the middle of the woods, so usually jeans a nice shirt and some boots,” She tilted her head to the side, smiling at me as I sat down. “But you don't look like you have any boots. No worries, I got an extra pair of 'em in my truck.”

“How come you're being so nice to me?” I asked.

I hadn't meant to blurt it out, but the question had been on my mind since I met her. And she really was going out of her way for me, when we had met a mere twenty four hours before.

“It's in my personality. I've always been this way. My brother says it will get me hurt one day, but I can't help it. Now this, this will be cute.”

It was a black shirt that she had picked out, a tube top that was a little flowy. It didn't show off too much skin, though so it looked nice too. It was a good pick. I dressed in that and the dark skinny jeans she gave me. They were more snug than they had been in the past, that was for sure.

While I showered and did my hair, Brooke ran home, changed and grabbed her make up bag.

“Here, these will go perfect,” She said, handing me brown cowboy boots. They went half way between my ankle and knee and went easily over my skinny jeans. They weren't my type, but I had to admit they looked pretty cute.

“What do you think?” Brooke asked.

“It looks good,” I said honestly. I looked in the mirror, thinking maybe I needed to get a pair of these, too.

Brooke and I left the house, heading to where the party was. Of course, I had no idea where we were going but Brooke said she knew these trails like the back of her hand. And they were trails, alright. Off of a dirt road, onto an even smaller dirt road with trees hugging us on either side.

“You've never really been out in the woods, have you?” Brooke said, looking over at me as she drove.

I laughed, “No. There aren't many woods in L.A.”

She shook her head.

“I couldn't live in a big city. Too many people, not enough space.”

“Living in such a small town is weird for me after being in L.A my entire life.”