t w e n t y e i g h t

Emerson's POV:

We walked into Marlowe's doctors appointment for her six year checkup. I signed her in while she played with the toys there. When I finished, I went and sat near her. "What's in your ears?" Another little girl asked. Marlowe quickly looked up and then looked at me. "They're her hearing aids." I answered. The girl furrowed her eyebrows. "They help her hear." I said and she nodded. She continued to play with Marlowe. "That's my daughter, Primrose. She's very curious." Her mother smiled. "I'm Emerson and this is my daughter, Marlowe." I held out my hand and she shook it. "I'm Daphne." We continued to talk until she was called back. Primrose waved to Marlowe and Daphne gave me her number.

"Did you like Primrose?" I asked Marlowe. She nodded and signed 'nice'. I smiled and nodded, continuing to drive. I drove back home and went into the house with Marlowe. We both got out and went inside. I fixed me some more water as Marlowe started on some homework. I helped as we sat at the kitchen table.

"My mom was asking me if you're going to have a baby shower." Justin said as he got ready for bed. I shook my head. "I thought about having a baby sprinkle." I smiled. A baby sprinkle is a small get together before the baby comes. It's like a baby shower but not as large. "I was looking on Pinterest for some ideas. We can get some donuts with sprinkles and it'll be really cute." I smiled. He nodded and got into the bed beside me. "Whatever you want to do, I'll be there." He smiled. I smiled too and kissed him gently. "I love you so much." I played with my engagement ring. "I love you too baby." He smiled softly.