Chapter 1

Sitting here looking down at the photo in her lap, she can't for the life of her, figure out how that could be true even though the back of it claims to be. Wait you're probably very confused so lets rewind just a bit.

Harper Elizabeth Avery-Williams, I know really long last name. She was given up for adoption at what was thought was to be birth, now that may be up for debate. Currently 17 years old and about to finish high school. 

Running her fingers back and forth over the photo, she flips it over. Gasping, her eyes widen at the writing on the photo.

"Callum and Harper- Beach Trip 15 June 1999- Look at my beautiful twins!"

Throwing the photo down like it was poison, she began to pace around, muttering swears that would make a sailor blush. It wasn't long before her mother had called for her to come down. Harper took the photo, neatly folded it and placed it in her back pocket before heading downstairs.

"Yeah mom," she began to say but her sentence was cut off by the presence of her adoptive brother Jesse in the living room.

"Hey squirt!"

"I'm not a squirt. Karev is better than Avery if I'm a squirt," Harper joked making fun of her brother's character on his show that he was casted in.