Chapter Five

Let's just see what happens, take a risk, let's take a trip

For once, I got to sleep in the next morning. I woke up around 10 and saw Diego had texted me asking if I wanted to meet downstairs for breakfast. I quickly got ready and headed down to the café. I saw him sitting at a table alone.

"Hey! What's up?" I said.

"Not much, I just I wanted to see you since you'll be working all day today."

"Yeah. I'll be in the studio most of the day, but I'm free tonight if you want to you know— "

"Um, yeah like we could—" he interrupted.

There was a moment of uncomfortable silence.

"Yeah," I laughed. "Why is this so awkward," I decided to just say it like it was.

"I don't even know," he laughed.

"I'll be back here around nine. Is that too late to hang?" I said.

"No, that's good."

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I have an idea," he smirked.

"Oh, ok. I'll be looking forward to it."

I thought about our conversation on the way to the studio. It almost sounded like he was asking me on a date, but I knew Diego had to strictly be a "bro" friend. He knew I had a boyfriend, and he was leaving for tour in a few days, so there was no way this could ever be a thing. I mean celebrities hook-up with random people all the time in this industry, and he probably has girls over every night. I'm pretty sure I even heard a girl in his room two nights ago, and honestly he was a lot older than me. Is it technically even legal? However, I was turning 17 soon. I decided to stop thinking about it. I had to get him out of my head.

Recording went well. Omar asked what I was doing tonight. I decided to tell him the truth that I was hanging out with Diego. He seemed surprised and told me that he loved Diego and all, but sometimes he wasn't the best person, and don't get myself caught up in anything with him. I was surprised he came to that conclusion. I told him nothing was going on, but he seemed skeptical.

The second I got out of my Uber, I ran up to my hotel room. It was already 9:30, and I assumed Diego would be waiting for me. I found him sitting down leaning against my door.

"You're late," he said smiling.

"I'm sorry, dude recording went late and—"

"Chill. Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're here," he said.

"So...?"

"Well, come on," he said, motioning me to follow him.

We went down the elevator, and he led me to a back entrance out of the hotel.

We walked to the back parking lot. I was cautious, making sure no fans or paparazzi were around. It's not I cared that much if I was seen with Diego, but I didn't want to deal with the publicity it would cause. He could tell that I was tense.

"Don't worry, no one is going to find us."

He opened the car door to a Range Rover. I sat in the passenger's seat.

"I didn't know you even had a car here," I said.

"Yeah, you can't really go out in it when you're constantly being swarmed, but if we drive out far enough, we'll have nothing to worry about," he said.

"So that was your plan? Just to drive," I laughed.

"Hell yeah, it was. You feel so free out there; like just you and the universe."