Deadly Trap

Did you ever wake up to such an awkward position that you opened your eyes? When you regained consciousness, you realized that something was wrong: You felt the aching stomach and head and your whole body felt like being on a boat. You opened your eyes and the situation didn’t improve: The asphalt below you was moving as if you were walking backwards but without touching the ground and as if a heavy load had been clutching your legs. What the hell is going on here? Then, finally, the sense of balance and the perception of your body revealed the riddle. “Let me down, whoever you are!”, you warned.

With an inexplicable twist, you found yourself sitting on the ground, free. You turned to those who were transporting you, and you recognized the person you didn’t want to see anymore. Daryl crouched beside you, his forearms resting on his bent knees, in a posture that reflected his personality. He didn’t say anything. You stood up slowly and he hurried to you, raising your arms.

“’S that yer way of thankin’ me?”

“And for what? To make me puke out my food again?” You continued your journey, leaving Daryl behind you.

“To’ve saved ya’.”

At this point you imitate his arrogant way: You turned to him and approached his face with an angry and cold look. “I was fine without you.”

“Explain to the Walker who wanted to eat ya’ while ya’ fainted.”

You rubbed your eyes. “Listen, I want you to leave me alone.”, you said in a calm voice.

“Why did ya’ go?”

“What did you say before? A stupid and sentimental bitch who needs affection?”

“Y/N…”

“No, Dixon, if you want me to endure you, at least do me the favor of being quiet.”

“Where did ya’ go?”

“Are you deaf? Shut the hell up!”

Daryl grabbed your wrist and forced you to stop. He looked you straight in the eye and reserved a look that was without challenge, but full of curiosity. He stayed like that for a few seconds to study through his blue eyes, then shook his head. “Can’t leave ya’ alone.”

You broke out of his grip and spread your arms. “I agree with you, you won, but leave me alone for now.”

September:

As I write these lines, I cry. I cry silently, careful that Daryl doesn’t see me. I don’t want to destroy the low regard he has for me anyway. At least not today. I thought we were a team, but I was wrong. I am not up to such a man and I don’t even want to force myself to do so. I stay with him because it’s the last part left of you all. I’m writing another message, though I don’t believe in seeing you all again. So as not to lose my humanity, not to forget who I really am. If you have read the last message, and I strongly doubt that you will, you will know that we will give up soon… We arrived near a city, but we didn’t stay long. We drive on to ours and when we arrive there, we will move further north. I can’t tell you I’m fine because I’m not. I don’t want to lie to you.